Horazum Quest not working

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Uhtred

Horazum Quest not working

Post by Uhtred »

So i skipped the Horazum level with my rogue, learned Golem till level 10 (492 magic is very hard to achieve) and then i decide to finally begin the horazum quest, to raise Golem Level. However it hasn´t worked. I followed the sequence (fire elemental + mage + prison + demon + summoner) and nothing happened.

Any idea how to fix it? I´ve also readed the tome of knowledge in the library and still no golem level up.
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

You have to read the book in the room next to the fire elemental. It'll be guarded by another mage. Yeah, you don't even have to kill the fire elemental or anything, it's just sitting there on a little adorable pedestal. Your character will mumble something about a 'clay brought to life.'
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
Fastynator

Post by Fastynator »

Have you read the 'Tome of Knowledge' BEFORE defeating 'The Summoner' ? Because I think that reading the book in order to obtain the level up is part of the quest itself, but if you defeat the Summoner first, the quest deactivates and so the ability of the book to provide the level up.

In Horazon's Sanctum, I only defeated that poison mage next to the 'Tome of Knowledge' and then read it before doing anything else relevant to the quest, and it always worked for me this way.
Uhtred

Post by Uhtred »

I think i´ve found the bug. On Normal level, i´ve defeated both initial boss (the charlatan mage and elemental) and then i´ve readed the book. Nothing happened. No matter how many times i´ve came back to read it, after or before beating the summoner.

After, i´ve tried on nightmare and hell difficulty. Beated ONLY the poison mage and then readed the book. This time worked.

Finally i tried on torment. The poison mage was behemot, initially he escaped from the library and thus i readed the book BEFORE killing him. Nothing happened, even after beating him. I also restarted the room and the golem was deactivated forever.

My conclusion: U must read the book AFTER killing the poison mage for the FIRST time or nothing will ever happen.

Edit: I´ve found what happened. U must read the TOME before enter on horazon´s sanctum in order to turn ON the quest. If u read the golem book BEFORE activate the quest the spell will not level up.
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Wait, you mean the one outside the sanctum itself in DLvl 8, after you've read the three books in order? Oh that's weird, but good find! I'll have to see if there's a way to exploit that.
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
Uhtred

Post by Uhtred »

That´s correct. Once u´ve readed the 3 tomes and opened the path, u MUST read the quest tome before the telepad to activate the quest itself. Otherwise the Golem book will have no use.

AFTER u kill the summoner the quest will be gone, therefore u must read the golem before killing the summoner, like Fastynator advised