Dealing with Fleshdoom - Hell

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Uhtred

Dealing with Fleshdoom - Hell

Post by Uhtred »

Ok, so i´m a Warrior, level 38 and my gear is pretty good, about 420 AC and the Dragon´s Breach shield.

Now i´m at the Hell difficulty and there begins the fun: Mr. Fleshdoom has Haste, Lighting Enchanted, Extra Strong and Arcane. I can´t even get closer to him and i die from his infinites ligthing charge (even with my shield skill). I barely can´t survive 1 second. Any ideas how could i beat him? Even my Level 16 Golem is no match for him.
Uhtred

Post by Uhtred »

Well I just restarted and he has born as cold enchanted and no haste, could beat him (impossible with lighting + haste)

Anyway, another question: I have a specific sword with a huge normal damage, plus all elementals (cold + magic + fire) and still the inflicted damage is just not good enough. Why would that happen? Because of their immunities or the game choose one elemental damage each time?
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

The sword will hit for each of it's elemental damages each time, but from Hell difficulty onward elemental damage is all but useless. If it is dealing any amount of elemental damage you'd see it as a second, smaller number rising from the target; I'm pretty sure it would show all the elemental damages taken in that one number.
The likeliest culprit for why you're not getting the DPS you want is that your DEX is lower than you need it to be to punch through the enemy's absurd armor classes in Hell difficulty. Try switching out some gear for something that raises DEX, about 20 points at a time should do it, until you see an improvement. Just a word of warning, Warriors end up really struggling through the rest of the game until you come across Zakarumite's Ceremonial Knife, the Lightsaber, or another weapon with Ignore Target Defense, for exactly this reason. You're in about the right spot to start grinding for one, so you may want to take some time, up your Magic Find %, and see if you can get one... it will be a night and day difference.
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
Uhtred

Post by Uhtred »

Hi Wendi, thanks for the reply.

Indeed I have found one Zakarumite Knife and its damage is pretty impressive.
Sometimes I use the "chernoblog claws " or something like it for its skills to prevent frozen, a major problem especially against mobs. My DeX is about 200 with the gear modifiers, 220 strenght and 165 vitality. I think my biggest problem now is how to deal with poison enchanted boss, plus haste and other skills (not to mention lighting). If lighting I must use skill shield. If poison I have no other option but to restart (warblood level 13 for example, impossible)