Dual Wield

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
joshuahinze

Dual Wield

Post by joshuahinze »

Hey is there any characters that can dual wield? If so is it only specific types of weapons? Do I need a certain str or dex for it? Because I was thoroughly looking forward to having a duel wielding Assassin and Barbarian but could not when I created them. Please let me know if it is at all possible, or at the very least if i can wield a two handed weapon with one hand with the Barbarian.

Thanks you very much,
Josh
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Welcome to the forums, Josh!

There is no dual-wielding in either of these mods, no. While the mod designers did try to mimic some of the abilities in Diablo II, that ability was not carried over. The closest you get is some unique shields that look like secondary weapons and add attack power instead of defense. We can always hope the Tchernobog mod team adds the feature sometime in the future... but honestly I'd think it's just beyond the scope of the mod; Diablo I is a very old game that wasn't built with those sorts of things in mind.
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
joshuahinze

RE: There is no dual-wielding in either of these mods, no.

Post by joshuahinze »

Ok thank you I was really hoping, I had Diablo the Hell II downloaded and they had several classes that could duel wield but I came here because they have more hotkeys, crafting, belts system, better graphics and my personal favorite being able to set your left click as a spell or ability!

So I'll deal with it because in my opinion it is far more modernized and playable game, actually best D1 MOD I've played so far!

And I understand this is an old game and if took a lot of time, knowledge and effort to make it what they did so btw, EXCELLENT JOB on this MOD!!!!!!!!!!!! My only improvements I would like and hope to see and would be willing to help donate to getting them done in the future, would be, duel wielding, multi-player quests on Tchernobog0.1.5f and being able to scroll through your hotkeys with the mouse wheel instead of zooming in and out.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

There are some high level set items that mimic dual wield.
joshuahinze

RE: There are some high level set items that mimic dual wiel

Post by joshuahinze »

I know but there are only a few and I'm limited to those only