Patch notes v0.1.3d

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
Ogodei

Post by Ogodei »

1. How I can defeat a monster - on every level above normal?
- Spells : Dungeon level 1 monsters die rather quickly to spells, especially if you have staves with penetration

2.With axe? I go to torment and I will fight with axe as necro. And I will get corpses for my minions.
See point 1 :)

3.Now probably every necro build = mag + vit
4.And rather should be str + vit
5.Necro is the commander on the battlefield and not an disabled mage

It is up to the players to choose how to build their characters : necromancer is just FORCED to go full vit because how the minions scale, and that erases any form of customization.
Also, AC and To Hit will be handled by DEX , while damage bonus by STR.
I also agree that Necromancer is not a "disable mage", hence these changes, in order to provide Necro with a different array of play styles.
BlackRabbit

Post by BlackRabbit »

depends on how you see a necromancer they come in every different shape and form in games, books, movies and such,
some are quite aggresive battle commanders that charges in,
while others can be hiding countries away and have their undeads do the job for them,
thats why necros are quite a hybrid class,

as far as it gose with "Golem's are for sorceress" a Golem is a lump of clay that has come to life with the help of runes and magic sure and in stories they usually keep on draining magic from the one that made them to become stronger and stronger until they eventually attacks their maker's,

but a sorceress aren't the only once with magic arguably warriors and rouge's uses magic aswell, supose that the warrior is a hidden battle mage,
and in some lore's rangers usually study some spells (noob mages)
but when it comes to the necro he is more a study of magic and very much so the art of reanimate unliving things such as dead bodies and clay monsters,

also i know that diablo 2 is pretty much a compleat different game but their they went with giving the necro a lot of different options for golem's while the sorceress got none

i mean sure i want the necro's to have zombies but not if they are that slow seriously,
and their HP and AC should scale so much more then Skeletons while Skeletons CTH and DMG should scale a lot more then Zombie's

also i get wespazjon point, as a necro you need flesh and sadly once you come to the cave's and belove you can be unlucky and get monsters that aren't considered flesh and then you can't make new summon's,
then your suppose to run back to lvl 1 and kill a few to summon Zombies to take with you?
Nah!, why do Zombie's have a timer anyway? make them last until they die or get unsummoned,
that would help a lot while not really making the necro any stronger simply a lil easier to play,

also want to say that i know it isn't just "copy past" code's from one prodject to an other, specially if they use different code styles which they seem to do,
also one code string can fuck up a lot of other codes,
and as mentioned one is a multiplayer while the other is meant for singel play so some stuff are stuited for it to be just once player there,

but i still find it sad that a lot of features that i loved in balzebud aren't in here, and flooting numbers are quite high up on that list for me ^_^
Ogodei

Post by Ogodei »

also i get wespazjon point, as a necro you need flesh and sadly once you come to the cave's and belove you can be unlucky and get monsters that aren't considered flesh and then you can't make new summon's
Skeletons and Revived can be made out of any monster in the game. So you wouldn't be minion-less.
then your suppose to run back to lvl 1 and kill a few to summon Zombies to take with you?
Nah!, why do Zombie's have a timer anyway? make them last until they die or get unsummoned
Exactly: but instead of zombies I'd rather summon skeletons (and/or revived, depending on the level in which you farm corpses).
You'd take revived or skeletons with you. The zombie's actual purpose is to act as decoy at lower levels and a temporary meat shield in high difficulties. At high difficulties they are meant to be summoned during the battle, as extra temporary helpers.

Also, keep in mind that when the Necromancer's changes will hit, you will have 15 minions per type (like in Belzebub) . Having 45 minions following you around seems just too much.
BlackRabbit

Post by BlackRabbit »

i agree, 45 would be way to many, even with just 1 you can get frustrated at times when they stand in the way for you "I can't go there!"

that's sort of my point, why have a bunch of weak summon's instead of lowering the cap and boost the scaling?
i'd much rather have 1-3 zombie's function as meat shield's that has the HP/AC as of 5-15 zombie's then 15 once that can't take a punch,

i see it as while you progress and kill stuff you take new parts from the bodie's to stitch on to your freak or nature zombie,
even tho it look's tiny in the game it can be a massive pile of flesh animated together,

and same kinda gose for skeleton's
and yes i agree with you that, as of now you use skeleton's rather then zombies in higher levels,
but that's just becuz skeleton's and zombie's scale almost exacly the same which is so wrong,
and it render's the necromancers original skill useless once skeleton's comes into play and that's rather sad,

also you can't really be a very effective spell caster as a necromancer since most of your spells will kill your summons
wespazjon

Post by wespazjon »

1. All skills should be useful - whole game - not only lvl normal.

Therefore each minion should be scalable with monster power.

such situation like:
at lvl 25 with 169 VIT

Zombie
numbers: 8
HP: 204
Damage: 8-18
Armor: 45
Hit Chance: 88%
It make no sense :roll:
Yes : Strength, Dexterity and Magic will also boost your minions from the next patches , each in a different way.
Ok - better, but...

As i previously mentioned:

It can not to be f.e.

Heroes +1 str = Monster + 1 dmg

But rather every minion should have - 100% source monster power.

And then:

Heroes +1 str = +1% source monster power

what will give the result = 101% monster dmg.

2. For zombies and skeletons

1 vit = +1% power and +1% live

3. For revived

I think:

1 str = 1% physically damage

1 dex = 1% speed

1 mag =1% magical power

1 vit = 1% vit

Each player can choose alone own strategy.

Faster but weaker minion or maybe with greater magical power.

And finally = zombies on torment?

No problem :)

It is my opinion.
BlackRabbit

Post by BlackRabbit »

well i don't think it's just that simple, or rather i know it isn't
and well i do have fate in that the dev's here have put some more thoughts into it rather then just making it that simple,
else i don't think they would bother to pretty much redoing the whole class,
i would suspect that even more stats would come to the minions like AC raises from STR along with psy dmg,
and probably resistance comes with MAG along with spell dmg,

tho i really hope they consider making it that you can summon less zombies and skeletons but make them scale better,
no one likes how clutter it gets with to many summons, but as a summoner you still want them,
and also to raise the zombies walk speed cuz it's just pathetic,
and i get everyone who plays necro or going to would love it if they just removed the life span duration on zombies all together,
it is just annoying and make's it rather boring
wespazjon

Post by wespazjon »

tho i really hope they consider making it that you can summon less zombies and skeletons but make them scale better,
Yes, yes, yes

Diablo 1 - have only closed locations.

3 zombies, 3 skeletons and 3 revi is enough.

In normal game - 1x Golem make own job in great style.

well i don't think it's just that simple, or rather i know it isn't
Yes, I understand it.
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

How hard do you suppose it would be to add minion pump as an affix to items? "Skeleton damage +50%" and the like? That way you could simply choose how much of an active roll your minions are as you progress.
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

I like having a literal army of minions and I think 15 Zombies, 15 Skellies, and 15 Revs is a good working number. I could see dropping that down to 10 each we added one new minion summon skill: Summon Skeletal Archer and allow up to 10 of them as well.

I could care less if Zombies follow. I would rather they just form the meat wall distraction and follow toward the nearest enemy.

Skeletons, if could part with a few of them once they scale with stats. We do want them to follow.

Revs do their own thing. I don't think they should necessarily scale upwards from their base stats. They do not need to follow.

Skeletal Archers would be very cool. They just act as sentries. They do not follow, but can move to target an enemy or to retreat to a better spot.