Frost Shard not able to hit butcher?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
nazgren

Frost Shard not able to hit butcher?

Post by nazgren »

Hey,
I have found that while i can hit just about anything else with Frost Shard. It just seems to pass straight through the butcher like when you use holy bolt against undead, which specifically states undead as a targeting requirement. Frost Shard however does not state any targeting requirement. Anyone got any idea whats going on?

Thanks
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Some monsters, especially bosses and champion packs, have more than 100% resistance to an element (in this case cold), in which case they ignore it completely like you say. I'm not sure why they figured the Butcher needed that much resistance to that particular element, especially even on Normal difficulty, but he sure does.
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
hldemi

Post by hldemi »

Try running game in windows compatibility mode.
SyncroScales

Post by SyncroScales »

I have noticed that there are spells that do not work on enemies or bosses until your spell level is a certain amount. Or maybe your experience and character level is a certain amount.

The Smith in caves level 10 was immune to almost everything until spells were above a certain level (I do not know what it is). It seems certain characters can use spells earlier on even some resistant enemies than other characters. Probably the sorcerer and maybe the necromancer (in this Mod).