Hello im new, and how many players still do this?

Discussion/Suggestions regarding the Awake Mod
mazie

Hello im new, and how many players still do this?

Post by mazie »

Hi, Im new here on this mod.
I used to play diablo 1 alot when a few years ago, and I thought I'd try out multiplayer with my friend who never played diablo before :).

I wondered how many players still play on these servers and I have 2 suggestions

#1, Would it be possible to disable PvP when you are in 'Player Friendly' mode, Because me and my friend keep hitting eachother as we team up and we already killed eachother a few times without meaning too which can be fairly annoying (maybe a party system I know this has been suggested alot and I do agree on that this would be really improving the multiplayer gameplay.)

#2, Since my friend is still new to diablo its kind of hard for him to stay alive even in the first level (and also leveling up while in there)
So I'd suggest making level 1 the same as the original Diablo not more difficult and start making it harder at 2 and lower.

(It's really hard to find a way to play diablo together so we ended up using a Mod which we didn't really like at first but after I spend about 10 minutes kiting around as a rouge I kinda liked it :P)

Suggestions short:

#1 Party system I dont want to kill my friends by accident.
#2 Make the first floor easier.
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

Hi

1. Not in this version but probably i will do it in the future
2. Dungeon levels will be rebalanced
mazie

Post by mazie »

Noktis wrote:1. Not in this version but probably i will do it in the future
I also saw a few videos of you on youtube playing with others as a mage, you were using lightning chain but didnt seem to hit the others, am I right?
Or did you miss them/did they get hit?
Patogen

Post by Patogen »

CL doesn't do much damage if you have max resists and you dont stand in the line of fire.
deadlydude13

Re: Hello im new, and how many players still do this?

Post by deadlydude13 »

mazie wrote:

I wondered how many players still play on these servers and I have 2 suggestions

If you're still interested in playing on the b.net -> I'm new to Awakening, but I will be online at least 1 - 2 hours for the next weeks. The time when I'm online will be sort of random. So just pm/email me (I prefer Email) if you wanna play.
joelf

Post by joelf »

I also just discovered this mod. I've not yet installed it, but I will try. Though game is supposedly more difficult, I still wonder if it's possible to win using some relaxed ironman rules.

I might have a bit of set-up to do though, because I have to run it trough Wine on linux.
joelf

Post by joelf »

Noktis wrote:2. Dungeon levels will be rebalanced
Sounds like a good idea.

Though that I've only playtested the first church level so far, I wasn't that thrilled over their higher hit points. Being more accurate and hard-hitting in addition, means it's too dangerous for a plain level one fighter to take them head on. But since they all can be defeated with a door, or a bow and enough space things get a bit tedious too early in my opinion.

But I should say I usually play by some relaxed ironman rules, which makes it a bit more challenging than it have to be.
Azyla

Post by Azyla »

If you guys could find the time to donwload and install tungle wchich is something like hamachi but in better, by far. i will be really happy, cause battle.net doesn't work for me.

It is easy to use and it enables us to run a udp connexion.. then join each others game.
If interested my name is (in tunngle) lebanen.

see you soon!
~

There are 10 kind of people in the world:
-Those who understand the binary numeral system
-Those who don't undesrtand it

~