Diablo after 1 hour.

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
SyncroScales

Diablo after 1 hour.

Post by SyncroScales »

Is it possible to defeat Diablo after 1 hour? The three or four rooms with enemies, Doomlord Gam'ar and Bloodlord the Destroyer take a lot of time. With a Rogue, Mag, Warrior, etc.
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Oh, it's definitely possible. For the non-melee classes it's not even that much of a setback... I mean it's definitely harder, but you don't really need to switch tactics; just keep teleporting away and hitting as hard as you can/glitching him in AI loops. You will go through a hell of a lot more pots and have a lot more close shaves if he's gone super Saiyan, though.

For melee classes, the basic problem is if you can't deal with the mini-bosses in a timely fashion, you're not going to have much of a chance against Dibs anyway whether or not the time limit has gone by. There is a tested strategy to deal with each of the sub-bosses, however, which can save you a lot of time. If it doesn't work it's time for more grinding.

Doomlord Gam'ar: Hide in a corner to avoid his summons/spells, and wait for him to come to you. Running away will only let him build up an army.

Bloodlord the Destroyer (aka Douchebag lord of stunlock): Separate from the minions as soon as possible (use a Golem to draw their attention if possible). He will teleport to you. Try to fight him alone in the hallway. "Dance" to keep him from getting hits in because he will get progressively faster with each hit he lands. You may find it beneficial to bring a second set of gear (or Town Portal to get it) before you enter the room, geared to DEX/accuracy, block chance, and hit recovery.
Once he's dead you can usually just ignore his room since Dibs will blow up all the remaining knights once he's activated. Obviously don't do this if you're on grinding runs, though.

Benedict the Black: Ignore everything except him. Teleport is your BFF here. Disengage if possible as soon as you've killed him and cut down the three crucified skeletons, as above they'll all die in a minute anyway.
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
SyncroScales

Post by SyncroScales »

With a rogue the fire is too intense and running away only does so much because Dibs is fast like Doomlord Gam'ar and Bloodlord the Destroyer and faster.

Left the room and Doomlord Gam'ar kept summoning/spells. The corner did not work and he came around. Guardian worked, but slow. The knights follow Bloodlord the Destroyer, so they have to be taken out. Golem was too weak, one hit. There is a pattern, but the sword does not always match the squares or the characters position so they get hit. Guardian worked while walking around in a circle with many refills and Phasing (less mana cannot control it). Not enough mana for teleporting regularly.

Benedict the Black was easy when hit and gets stunned. Dibs was a lot and do not have multiple Set items.

Do all enemies die when Diablo is released or only in the South room?

What char level can Normal or Nightmare be completed with? What is recommended?

It seems when a level/quest has been played a certain about of times no more exp can be gained. Certain enemies have been killed and do not give exp any more. What is the maximum level someone can achive in Normal difficulty? Level 30 or 32?
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

For a Rogue, if your Golem is dying that easily it sounds like you need to buff her MAG and get the spell up a few levels. You will absolutely come to depend on Lumpy in the later difficulties so it's time well spent. The same holds true for Teleport, a Rogue is far too squishy not to want a Lumpy and some distance between her and the baddies. Also I'd recommend getting some mana leech on your gear to facilitate casting, it makes things much easier.

Yes, Dibs will kill all enemies that aren't him when he makes his appearance, and will do it again when he is at half HP.. although then he's only killing what he's summoned already. Once he's done that second banishing he will no longer summon so the latter half of you (and lumpy) vs. him alone.

The recommended levels for Normal difficulty is ~28-30; for Nightmare it's ~36-38. Note that this is different than the documentation which lists it at 27 and 35 respectively but was written for an earlier version of the beta.

As in all Diablo games, you can no longer get experience from enemies substantially weaker than your clvl, but I'm surprised you'd be dealing with that this early. I've personally gotten characters to level 35 before advancing to Nightmare (I was being safe because they were hardcore/nodeath characters). If you are finding the XP lacking you can use the $playerX option to make the monsters harder and thus worth more XP. I did not do this with my characters, however, so the later monsters in dlvl 13-16 should definitely still be providing experience.

[To do this hit the Enter key and then type $player and a number between 0 and 10 with no space, such as "$player5" to set the monster difficulty to 5. A notation will pop up in the upper left hand corner telling you it happened.] 0 is standard and what you start the game on and 10 is the hardest.
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
SyncroScales

Post by SyncroScales »

Thanks for the info Wendigo,

I watched some videos on YouTube. This one shows the Sorcerer using Teleport, hiding behind the walls and changing the equipment so there is fire and lightening resistance. It starts at 1:28:31.

Impossible Is Nothing! Diablo 1 HD Belzebub Sorcerer the Terror Domain Torment Mode - Roc Ren - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cES9tPr4EM

This video shows the barbarian finishing the final level under about 30 minutes. It seems the character has a full set items.

Diablo 1 HD - 14 - Barbarian vs Diablo - bryann109 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZC4UMs2H4I

This video shows the Barbarian finishing Torment in under 20 minutes.

Diablo 1 HD Mod Belzebub - Barbarian clear torment level Final - TH8il - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBtV-5fWNRw

On the old Diablo and Blizzard forums the commands or options and cheats were used for beta testing, the demo and with patch testing. The players were not suppose to tell others or post that information, but people found out. It did help with trouble shooting and testing. I don't plan to use the information, unless anyone can post the rest of those cheats I will do a search. If someone enjoys the game they will play it or only use something if they were stuck.

If the Barbarian and player in the videos can pass the game that easily, the character could be used to open up the difficulties and characters could do quests and gain experience then come back for Diablo.