Necro strategy?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
wololo

Necro strategy?

Post by wololo »

How should one play necromancer besides summoning stuff? Are staves (his starting gear) even the best weapon for one? Also, the mod was in need of a wiki to make the documentation easier to be acessed.
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Welcome to the forums!

A Necro starts out with a lot of options and regresses towards one as you near the end of the game. At the beginning, you have the hit points to tank with a sword and board, or throw spells from behind your minions. As you progress, however, you will become more dependent on your minions to chew through enemies, as your own attacks/spells won't have enough DPS to get through. By the end you are all but totally dependent on your minions and class abilities.

When leveling try to put all of your points into VIT for the class abilities, and use gear to adapt between situations. Your stats will also boost your minions, too, (skellies get more damage from your STR, more hit % from your DEX, and more HP from your VIT; Golem gets pumped in all ways by MAG), so try to save your best All Stat+ gear for the Necro. Staves only become useful if they're pumping your favorite spells, otherwise the type of gear a Necro wears is secondary to the bonuses it gives.

I personally would love to see a wiki/walkthrough, but I don't know how objectively good an idea it is. Technically these games are still in beta, after all. I expect you'll get a lot of differing opinions on the subject.
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
wololo

Post by wololo »

Thanks! Now I have killed Izual but not Diablo yet with this character. Neither documentation and the game said about skeletons scaling damage with your STR so I didn't know why they took so long to kill enemies.