Thank you, Noktis, for remaking my favorite childhood game

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
CmdrPhil11602

Thank you, Noktis, for remaking my favorite childhood game

Post by CmdrPhil11602 »

I just finished Belzebub for the first time (clvl 27 warrior, normal) and I have to say it was a blast to play this mod all the way through. It took about 20 hours total.

Diablo was my favorite game when I was about 11-12, and I played on Battle.net almost exclusively. I got the game the day after it came out (22 years ago this month!)

I did play single player a bit back then, and went through most of the quests, so I was shocked at how the HD Mod improved the quests and restored the cut quests so well. It really breathed a lot of new life into this old game.

I wanted to finish by asking how I or the community can give back to helping this mod continue to progress? It looks like development has stopped, and while the mod is almost perfect, there is always room for improvement. Can members contribute to the development or pitch ideas to Noktis? I'd sure love to play Hellfire with my same character I just built, for example, but I understand there are no plans to add Hellfire capabilities.
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

I think a big thing is to just spread the word of how friggin' fun this game is. It's so weird... The game's fun as hell to watch as well as play, but there's not much content out there for it aside from Torment Diablo clears; there are a few where someone just starts with a character and plays through at least Normal, but almost all of them just.. just stop for no reason and with no explanation. They seem to get good views for the most part too, but for some reason it's just not mainstream enough for the LP'er community. So you could always do that, I guarantee I'd watch.

You could also start begging your favorite LP'ers to give it a try, or if you don't have one come help me try to get ProJared to give it a mention and maybe a playthrough. Hoping for, like, Pewdiepie or Ninja to play it is a bit pie-in-the-sky obviously but you know, if you subscribe to someone because you like them anyway might as well see if they want to give it a go. I also have this odd sadistic streak where I want to see Markiplier play it because the way he freaks out I think he might have a heart attack by the end of it. (Disclaimer: I don't hate Markiplier and don't want him to die.)

Or, you know, just show your friends and maybe post about your more notable achievements on social media.
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
Ugily

Thank Brightlord

Post by Ugily »

Brightlord is the developer.
hldemi

Post by hldemi »

Its great but if Brightlord could get the game to run in compatibility mode by default it yould be perfect
Ugily

Compatibility mode

Post by Ugily »

I know combatibility mode is a bit of an inside joke, but joking aside...

it is easy to set up your windows shortcut to admin and compatibility mode.