Is tchernobog still under construction?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
Raz0r

Is tchernobog still under construction?

Post by Raz0r »

Many people, including me, asking themselves what happened exactly to the working process of tchernobog. It has been a long time since the last update came. To be exactly, the last patch has been released one year ago. I know that working with a small group of people can take some time. I know that you guys are also human beings, who have a private life. I don't want to judge anybody, who is working right now on the project. If you Brightlord should read this, please don't be upset. I just want to know on what stage the project currently is and I guess I ain't alone.

For me it seems like the project has been given up. Nobody releases any information on coming updates. There has to be an issue. Maybe you guys, who work for the tchernobog, can give us informations about the current stage of the project. There are maybe people out there in the forum, who can help to push the project further.

The next update can be also small. You don't need to give us always huge updates. It would be perhabs more effectiv if you give us every month small updates, which includes some bug fixes. I personally, wait for an update, which fixes the drop rate issue in the game. Items drops way to less compared to belzebub, because the magic find does not work. When many people, who are good in moding, stick together and help you brightlord. Then you could move mountains and fix that issue in around one month.

Many people want to see the quest implemented in the game. However, we should not prioritise that! It seems like the project has been slowed because of this. I guess you, brightlord, are stuck because it ain't easy to impliment this into tchernobog. Let's wait for the quests and fix the main issues. It is only my advice. I know that many people don't got the same oppinion as me, but maybe we can find a way to go forward with the patches.

regards to all people
< Experienced Tchernobog player >
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

I heard Brightlord shared the code to freeablo and given up development. If he at least made it open source we could have had Qndel developing diablo HD (and most likely having success with it). He is a quite talented guy (he currently works on a project of his own) and shares love for the Diablo HD mod.
Diablo HD is the best mod ever. Still waiting for Tchernobug fixes...
Raz0r

Post by Raz0r »

I know Qndel. He is very talented in modding. I played with him tchernobog on tunngle. It was very fun. But now, they shut tunngle down. Nobody plays tchernobog on Evolve. I want to play with other people, but there ain't any programms which are activly used. Furthermore, I am so confused that brightlord gave the project without any announce up. There had to be some issue. He would never stoped because he was tired. Why does he not ask the community for help? I don't get it.

Moreover, Qndel is very good in modding. I also think he could easily pushed the project further. Maybe not fast, but at least a bit further.

It is so sad, the project need to go further. It has not be finished yet. Brightlord, I know that you are busy, but couldn't you ask the community for help? We are one unit. We could easily push it further if you would put people like Qndel into the project.
< Experienced Tchernobog player >
DrannorD1hd

Post by DrannorD1hd »

I have to pipe up about this too.

Brightlord, if you're reading this, bro, you've had fans for years! We love the work you've done and your mod is incredible, it feels so close to being completed (tchernobog) and you're on the verge of having a fully realized mod to be proud of for decades.

Don't give up, or at least consider opening up the game to new developers to continue the legacy. It's a great mod, honestly I enjoy this mod more then 'The Hell Mod' and I really want to go to the Astral Plane with a friend.

We play it on my LAN all the time, it's fantastic, I implore you, there are more fans out there then you know, don't just give up.
Kosiciel

Post by Kosiciel »

Thumbs up for what Brigthlord already did, such a huge amount of work! I hope some day he will be back to add final polish to this awesome mod.
Tchernobog: Rogue 36, Sorceror 25
Belzebub: Barbarian 32, Rogue 30, Sorceror 30
Lagi

Post by Lagi »

maybe reaching freeablo is more possible?
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

As far as I know, freeablo handed off all its data to the devilution reverse engineer, which is done now.
https://github.com/galaxyhaxz/devilution
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1