Is Tchernobog meant to be installed over Diablo 1.09?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
nazgren

Is Tchernobog meant to be installed over Diablo 1.09?

Post by nazgren »

Hey,
Been having the same multiplayer issues as everyone else, "Attempt to set up new game on server has failed. Server busy or requires game restart", regardless of Evolve (pre shut down), fire wall changes, IPX Wrapper, etc. The only clue i have to the issue is that on the Select Connection screen i see only "Local / Internet Game" when people who do have there multiplayer working see "Battle.net, Local Area Network (IPX), Modem, Direct Cable Connection and Local Area Network (UDP)."

Anyone got any ideas whats going on? Thanks.
danielson

Post by danielson »

Hiho!

No, after you extract the files from the zip, it only requires the "DIABDAT.MPQ" or mounted Diablo 1 cd to run the game. Same az Beelzebub installation.

https://mod.diablo.noktis.pl/features

And I also occasionally encountered this failed to create game on my windows 7 64bit pro but I got a solution from others:

Delete the setup.bin file that is located at C:\Users\(USERNAME)\Documents\Diablo 1 Tchernobog\Settings\
nazgren

Post by nazgren »

Do you have any idea why i see different connection options then everyone else?
danielson

Post by danielson »

That is normal for Tchernobog. You have to know the others' IP address to join.

And yes, there is no Battle.net, IPX, Modem, Direct Cable Connection, UDP showing up in multiplayer, because these are in the classic Diablo 1.
nazgren

Post by nazgren »

I dont even get the chance to put someones IP in, I see the server busy or requires game restart error before i get the chance to put an IP in.
Ajkilju

Post by Ajkilju »

Hey Nazgren,
I'm trying to solve it too.
The only thing I can think of is to try it on windows 7, but currently I'm not too arsed to install it.
I've done it on virtual machine. But it does not use proper gpu drivers so I couldn't even start tchernobog.
If you can, run it on Windows 7, as I'm assuming you're using Windows 10 like me. Let us know how it went.

I guess if someone else created a server over himachi, we may be able to join.
Let me know if someone needs additional players and I'll be happy to join.
Thanks