Just the HD Portion

Diablo 1 Hellfire Forum
Noleafcloverx

Just the HD Portion

Post by Noleafcloverx »

If I want JUST the HD portion of this mod is there a way to do that? I feel like the mod adds WAY too much and changes WAY too much of the game. I want the vanilla game with the HD mod. Is there a way to do that?
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

Is there a way to do that?
There is no way to do that, sorry.
Noleafcloverx

Post by Noleafcloverx »

Why not? I'm sure that would be a popular mod. Is any reason to not create a stand alone hd mod?
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

There are a bunch of rumors coming out of Blizzard that they might be doing a re-release of D1 and D2 with HD graphics and other improvements to coincide with their upcoming alleged release of D4. Until then, there's a threshold of modifications that have to be made to fan games to make them their own separate works; a simple upgrade to the graphics would get whoever made it sued in all likelihood.
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
KOOLLAYDTAC

Post by KOOLLAYDTAC »

Ya I doubt Blizzard is going to do that in all honestly. They are to busy making mobile games mate. Lmao!!!! :D

Also I seriously doubt anyone would get sued for making a custom patch to an abandonware game either. lol It'd be the first time in gaming history if it did happen. lol Many games have had custom patches made for them that are not abandonware. Vampire: Bloodlines is a prime example of this and it is still being sold on Steam to this very day. So I personally wouldn't be at all worried about it mate. lol That's just me though. :)