Diablo Immortal

Offtopic
Wendigo

Diablo Immortal

Post by Wendigo »

So I know this probably isn't going to get much traction on this site, but anybody want to weigh in on the Diablo Mobile controversy?
Basically what's going on is that they just announced a few days ago at BlizzCon that not only are they not working on a Diablo 4 for consoles, Blizzard is effectively putting all expansions for D3 on hold to work on the mobile version of Diablo, called Diablo Immortal. So instead of fixing any of the dozens of problems with their current version, Blizzard is abandoning it in favor of the easy money they can make with a mobile phone version.. a version that will have significantly less blood, no nudity, and won't even show skulls or bones so they can market it to the Asian sector.
The announcers got boo'd repeatedly during the announcement, and their announcers only made things worse by egging on the crowd, especially with one line that was something like "Hey, you all have cell phones anyway, don't you?" Their PR since then hasn't been much better. If you want more details there's dozens of videos and articles that have all gone up in the past few days (I suggest Jim Sterling on YouTube).

Personally, I couldn't care less, I wasn't planning on buying D4 even if they did put it out since I find retro mods like Belzebub more fun anyway (and the fact I'm not handing off my money to the toxic AAA games companies doesn't hurt my feelings any either). I mean, if D4 was my Diablo dreams come true I might have considered buying it, but I would never hold my breath. The mobile version just seems redundant, I only play games on my phone when I have a little time to kill, and Pixel Dungeon works just fine for that if I want to play a RNG-based dungeon crawler.
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
ander357

diablo immortal

Post by ander357 »

check out the diablo mods discord channel "diablo immortal hate" it will amuse you. activision/blizzard stock declined 7% following the diablo immortal backlash. i played d1/d2 and thought d3 was a total turd of a game. actually blizzard has been a shitty company following since the release of the d2 expansion imo and i have no interest in any blizzard games since the closing of blizzard north. anyhow, heres a linK: https://discordapp.com/channels/3202267 ... 1175113729
Check out "Diablo The Hell" also an awesome mod!
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

Ye whole announcement thing turned into a great shitshow. Feels good not being a diablo fan xD

There is nothing secret about Blizzard completely ignoring their fan base and treating them like shit. At least that's it for the Diablo and Hearthstone departments which I had unpleasure to be familiar with.

Current Warcraft department, on the other hand, seems fine, they are at least taking a lot of feedback on game balance from pro players. Business-wise they are just selling us an old candy with new wrapping so I'm not sure myself even about those guys.

Abandon the Diablo ship, folks and welcome aboard on GGG's Path of Exile!
Diablo HD is the best mod ever. Still waiting for Tchernobug fixes...
Aymeric

Post by Aymeric »

Diablo mobile made me so nostalgic and furious that I found Belzebub mod 2 days after blizzard convention and now I'm here at 31 years old and like when I was a child. This mod is crazy hope there active members here.
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

they are some but I reckon a lot of them (including myself) are forums lurker due to burning out. Game is great but unfortunately also is abandoned by its dev.
Aymeric

Post by Aymeric »

@Miacis you still playin? If I got some questions maybe I can PM you?
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

Sure go ahead I'll try to be useful if I can