Searching for Set items

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
SamAlchemist

Searching for Set items

Post by SamAlchemist »

Using my highest level char (Mr.Piddles the Necro at level thirty-eight) and my MF gear (total 211%MF), i gambled on 3M worth of stuff from Gheed. I specifically bought things i am missing from some low level sets, eg, Ring Mail for Berserkers, Quarterstaff for Cathans, etc. 8 different items in all. Took an hour.

Not one Set item in the whole batch. :cry: Which makes me think you cannot get Set items from Gheed. Has anyone ever gotten one?
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

From gambling around 100M gold, I was able to get only very low level items in Torment. Hasarus Iron Shield, Tancreed Claw, and Arctic belt.

I find that gambling for rings and belts are the only effective items.
scottypipas

Post by scottypipas »

I tried to buy a lot items in gheed, i lose more than 6mill and i didnt never saw a unique or set item :(. Now im going with my necro with a bit mf less than you, now i get more items and better.

A tip, in missions like horazon's sactum, chambers bone and lost tresure in the final chest use the command $player 10 and increase the chances of getting uniques and set items, after return $player 1
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Sometimes you can get very lucky in Horazon Sanctum and the two shrines will spawn Thumaturgic and you can MP the chests over and over.
SamAlchemist

UNORECOGNIZED

Post by SamAlchemist »

Thanks, Ugily, that confirms the chance must be way too low to bother.

Hey Scottypipas, i tried the $player 10 command but i get a response UNORECOGNIZED [sic]. Does that mean it didn't work?