Has anyone tried to play Ironman in Belzebub/Chernobog?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
Foxhound3857

Has anyone tried to play Ironman in Belzebub/Chernobog?

Post by Foxhound3857 »

I assume most classic Diablo players are familiar with the Ironman ruleset. You don't go to town to shop/refresh, or back to previous floors. Once you step down into the dungeon, you just keep going until you die, or until Diablo is dead. You survive solely off of what you find in the dungeon
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

I tried as Rogue but it didn't go very well. Remember that Ironman is possible and playable in original Diablo not because game was purposely made for that.
Diablo HD is the best mod ever. Still waiting for Tchernobug fixes...
Raz0r

Post by Raz0r »

I guess that the ironman challange is impossible for this mod, because you need on the last floor many hp potions or you will die very fast and since you are not allowed to go to town, you will die then anyways cause you run out of potions. Also Diablo gets immortal, if you need more than one hour to release him and on your first run it is very likely that you got bad damage and bad clear speed so that you will be to slow on the last floor and then you can't kill diablo anymore.

I thought about speedruning the game and I already tested it a bit. Especially With the wizard it works quite good, you just need to max out the magic points and get chain lightning via the books from adria and you run through normal diff in maybe 30min, if you got good floors. Speedruning should be working and I will make some in the future.
< Experienced Tchernobog player >