Save Corrupted wth? Help pls, I'm preparing the rope :(

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
Szopóroller

Save Corrupted wth? Help pls, I'm preparing the rope :(

Post by Szopóroller »

Henlo Frens!!!!

So lately i was playing this mod all the time i have, and just started to looting sime fine equipments.

I have a lvl29 warrior with low on luck, because usually i loot horrible items, so the leveling up is kinda hard.

So the thing is, i usually playing with my roommate in LAN, without bigger problems.

BUT:

When we tried to trade once (not just throw on the ground and the other one picking up) the game froze, and after that we lost most of our equipments which was used by the characters (swords, bows etc (including some set items -.-") she is a lvl26 rouge.)

So since then, we always dropped the items on the ground and the other picked up, but it was very annoying after salvaging items and dropping a ton of gems etc.

We decided to trade, why not...

She inserted the gems and oils and stuff, i clicked on the accept button, but when she clicked on her's, the game is froze again.

After a while, she timed out, and the game exited for her to the main menu, and the freezing is stopped for me (i was walking in town etc.).

So it was quite lately, we decided to stop playing after this, and call it a day, so i exited the game too, and we gone sleep.

Today we wanted to play again, but when i try to host a game, it is crashing "the application stopped working blabla" windows window, loading for a few secs, and closes diablo.

The loading screen pops up tho, after selecting the character and the difficulty, but it is crashing immediately after it.

I tried to start every kind of game (single player, every diff..etc) but no luck, same crash all the time.

I have a lvl8 necromancer (actually i didn't like that class so i stopped playing it), and it is working fine on every mode, so it must be the save...

Can you please help me guys?
I'm having very rough days now, and don't feel i could start a new character, i would just delete the whole shit, but it would be bad, because i love playing it :(

Is there any fix to this?
Or is there any makers who can check my .tchsv file what the hell?

Thank you very much, and have a great day!

-Szabi

ps.: my game haven't crash when we tried to trade, it just froze until my flatmate's game timed out, after it, i could walk and stuff.. Exited normally....
Szopóroller

Post by Szopóroller »

Btw, we played version 0.095, because the 0.1.0 multi didn't worked, but tried on both and same error.. :(
Win10-64bit
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

I suggest you trying uninstalling the game completely, with removal of all register entries (you can use some software like CCleaner or something else for that), also make sure to delete directory in
disk:\Users\username\Documents\Diablo 1 Tchernobog

and after that reinstall the game as you would usually do and try starting the game
also make sure that you and your firend are using the same game version (I would really recommend 0.1.0 since it has a lot less bugs compared to prior version)

godbless and I hope this works for you sir
Diablo HD is the best mod ever. Still waiting for Tchernobug fixes...
Szopóroller

Post by Szopóroller »

Henlo Miacis,

I tried to clean uninstall every kind of diablo from pc, and then reinstalling different versions of the main game, and the hd mod too, but same thing happening.

We copied my save to another computer, same thing happens there.

It is 110% something wrong with the save file :(
We played both the 0.095 version, because 0.1 not running on her win7 (i use win10).

Please guys, there must be some admin, or someone from the modder crew who read this and could help. I'm having horrible times nowdays, and this fucking game just kept entertain me for an hour every night before sleep, and now it's gone too..

Please contact me so i can send my save file.
Anyone?

Cheers
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

This might be a bit late and I don't play this mod, but the mod has a few compatibility issues with Windows 7 seemingly centered around how much it doesn't like to access the save files, so that might be it. There are a few options (assuming just getting a new OS isn't):
1. She can right-click the .exe file and "set compatibility settings" to something else. It seems like anything else will do but I'd suggest Windows XP if it's there. Hopefully that works because it's the easy option.
2. If that doesn't work, set your computer's compatability settings to exactly the same as hers.
3. Try a Virtual Machine (virtualbox.org or a google search) on her computer. There's a walkthrough on the website. It's a pain to set up but some other people have said it works great at eliminating this problem.

ALWAYS save your current data before doing any of this, though. That way you can go back to at least the ol' drag-and-drop. Sure it's a pain but clicking things a billion times is the point of the game. :/[/i]
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1