Heroes' Plate vs. Awesome+ Ancient Plate

Discussion/Suggestions regarding the Awake Mod
Chaos345

Heroes' Plate vs. Awesome+ Ancient Plate

Post by Chaos345 »

Alright, here's what I don't really understand. I bought an Awesome Ancient Plate like two-three weeks ago from Griswold and it gives really good AC to the point where it gives more AC than the Heroes' Plate (Unique Full Plate Mail). Heroes' Plate is supposably the best unique armor in the game, but it's nothing compared to Awesome+ Ancient Plate. I think the Heroes' Plate needs to be upgraded in my opinion because Awesome isn't the highest affix. Adding the 60%-100% mod to the Heroes' Plate would make it understandable or something with % Armor making it worth farming for. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who thinks the Heroes' Plate needs an upgrade. AC is very important in Hell mode, so giving it a bit more armor would help out a lot. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope that the armor do get an upgrade.

EDIT: Does GM want to reply to this so I don't keep constantly checking this post?
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

Heroes' Plate isnt worse than Awesome Ancient Plate. Awesome has more AC but Heroes Plate has additional bonuses. If You need very big AC you can wear Awesome Ancient Plate, if you need big AC + bonuses then use Heroes' Plate.

I wont upgrade AC in Heroes' Plate cause prefix Awesome would be useless.
Chaos345

Post by Chaos345 »

Noktis wrote:Heroes' Plate isnt worse than Awesome Ancient Plate. Awesome has more AC but Heroes Plate has additional bonuses. If You need very big AC you can wear Awesome Ancient Plate, if you need big AC + bonuses then use Heroes' Plate.

I wont upgrade AC in Heroes' Plate cause prefix Awesome would be useless.
But Heroes' Plate would suck for Hell mode. I guess I'd buy the Awesome+ Plate from Griswold instead of farming for the useless armor. I thought the idea of farming for unique was that they're supposed to be better than stuff you can buy from merchants themselves, but meh. Thanks for replying.