Bugs with Diablo HD Belzebub in the early acts

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
ezol

Bugs with Diablo HD Belzebub in the early acts

Post by ezol »

Hi guys!

I'm new here and I recently downloaded Diablo 1 HD Belzebub edition.

I've met two weird and annoying bugs:

1. Butcher is nowhere to be seen in both my playthroughs as Warrior and Barbarian.

2. King Leoric/Skeleton King is invincible. His life is regenirated everytime he hits me, so he's impossible for me to kill (he dissapeared the first time I played when I went to town also).

Can anyone help me with these problems? Could I have done something wrong to make these scenarios happen? :?
Hassadar

Post by Hassadar »

The butcher is not within the square formed room like u know from original diablo. U need to cast a town portal while being within the butcher room. A red portal opens which u can enter .....
King leoric, or as far as I know sometimes also other bosses, can be invisible. You can still hit them and kill them. He heals when he hits u cause he has life leach but that's perfectly normal. Belzebub is a tiny bit more difficult.
ezol

Post by ezol »

The Butcher - Oh. Okay. I'll try that now for sure!

Skeleton King - I totally feel like a noob now, but the Skeleton King actually was there again when I tried it with my first character.

Maybe I was too fast on things and didn't care to talk to people in town and also look into the different dungeons as well as I thought at first.
Hassadar

Post by Hassadar »

No worries, it took me a while to find out that I needed to cast a tp in butchers room...
ezol

Post by ezol »

Haha yeah. It wasn't obvious for me, that's for sure :lol:
chrix

Post by chrix »

2. King Leoric/Skeleton King.

He's an undead: and the only effective (very effective) spell against him (being undead) is holy bolt.

Since he drains mana with his melee attacks, I use one (or two, depending on character class) staff with the spell holy bolt (you can buy them from Adria the Witch in town) - with AT LEAST 73 charges each - until he's dead.

With a strong and quite resistant melee character with a lot of HPs (such as a Barbarian or Warrior) and a powerful weapon, one staff with 73 or more charges of holy bolt is enough, since you can then finish Leoric bashing or cleaving him.

Two staffs of Holy bolt fully charged - switching from the first one to the second one when charges are deplited - are enough for every character class to kill Leoric.

Fill your belt slots with potions of full healing and he will not be so invincible anymore ;)