Set and Unique equipment combinations

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Ugily

Set and Unique equipment combinations

Post by Ugily »

Any suggestions for Set and Unique equipment combinations for various classes?

Post your ideas.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

For Warrior melee character.

Iratha Set (upgraded) + Thunderlord Set together.

Gives speed boost plus lightning strike and mana leach for warrior.

Have Bow of the Dead on secondary attack.

Jewelry to give life and mana steal, all stat boosts, resistances, and critical damage.
pocket951

Post by pocket951 »

what class is the abyssal brethern set intended for? doesn't seem ideal for a sorcerer at all
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Abysmal Brethren is for Warrior or Barbarian. Preferably Warrior with mana leach and critical damage on rings, Spellweaver or Rare amulet with +2 Spells or Flash, and Rare or Spellweaver belt with resistances and +2 Flash or Spells.

It works better with Barbarian using Frenzy. This set is fairly useless in Torment because it does not deliver the damage.
pocket951

Post by pocket951 »

I just completed the greyscull set. is it better for barb or warrior or does it do equally well??I am kind of excited to roll a barb/level my warrior now
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Greyskull being 2-handed item is mostly for Barbarian as Warriors are designed for shield use. So far, it seems like a novelty item set more than anything useful.

I will play around with it on Assassin, Barbarian and Warrior. I think between my characters I may have a complete set. Will update soon.

UPDATE: As I expected, fairly weak but playable on Warrior 47 using every speed boosting item on Hell 10 difficulty. Barbarian 48 with same speed boosting items was very playable on Hell 10 difficulty, but very tough in Torment 0.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

My assassin needs to level up one to test out the set.
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Most sets are generally good up until +5 levels from their required to wear level, after that their power decreases and it's best to switch and wear higher level stuff, and also you advance in difficulty so you need more oomph. Top level sets (req lvl 50) can hold up, but crafted gear helps to keep them relevant.

I have a list of how you gain experience with normal leveling, without overleveling and once it's done i'll add it to the docs, so you can see up until what area sets are worth using, because they were designed with this in mind.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

I think this was from Slayer.

This is the types of combinations I am playing with.

I theorycrafted a frozen orb sorcerer with a ridiculous level 41 Frozen orb and -55 cold resist which should theoretically be capable of soloing torment without much trouble. I'd like to try it out by I have yet to encounter a deaths fathom.

Helm: Belial's visage
Armor: Vizerei wisdom with +3 frozen orb.
Weapon: Death's fathom
Shield: Nice crafted shield
belt: snow clash
Ring: 2x spellweavers with +3 orb
Amulet: Mara's with +2 frozen orb.
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

I tried to put together a Chain Lightning (which I like a lot) build, but as it seems game is missing uniques with Lightning Penetration, meaning it won't be as good as (LOL) Frozen Orb build which Ugily has presented. If you guys know how to make it as effective as possible, please let me know.

From what I understand it has to be:

1) Self-crafted Belt +3 CL
2) Rings are Prismatic Band (lol) with -5% light pen OR Khazara's Artifact with +4 CL
3) Amulet is Mara's with +3CL /+3 all spell
4) It seems that weapon of choice would be Rare Staff with +2 spells/+3 CL, penetration, cast speed and spell power.
5 and 6) Helmet and Chest are from Harridan's set, as each of them give +3 to CL, +1 to all spells on hat and +1 to all spells when 2 pieces of set is equipped

If my math is correct, this should result in lv 45 Chain Lightning with a stunning 30% lightning penetration! :D

For some reason BrightLord hates lightning spells, as it seems. All end-game unique gear for sorcerer has cold pen for no particular reason.
Sneeper

Post by Sneeper »

For some reason BrightLord hates lightning spells, as it seems. All end-game unique gear for sorcerer has cold pen for no particular reason.
Noticed the same