will be Hellfire maps add to tchernobog?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
jl8w7

will be Hellfire maps add to tchernobog?

Post by jl8w7 »

i remember Hellfire map and minions and i miss them in tchernobog can it be complite compare in future?
ready to donate btc)
Raz0r

Post by Raz0r »

I also hope that they at the abyss and cypth themed maps, because they had a great feeling and personally i can't understand why they didn't add them into the game.Moreover they added alot of new levels as well as new features so why they just don t add these 2 map typs? I think there are many people who would scream the fuck out by seeing that the 2 maps will add in the game. Many people like me would be on top of the world
< Experienced Tchernobog player >
Obishedo

Post by Obishedo »

Maps and monsters from "Hellfire" don't add in future. Never. Because "Tchernobog" or "Belzebub" are mods of "Diablo", not "Hellfire".
Raz0r

Post by Raz0r »

but thats not a good reason....
I know it's really much work and it's really hard to program diablo 1 mods such as blezebub and the hell mod, because nowdays nobody know how to program such old games, but you guys did a great work and i am appreciating very much!I can t stop to say it but it would be a really cool faeuture to add these levels into the mod :wink: :D
< Experienced Tchernobog player >
riesa

Post by riesa »

Obi, please... Many monsters from Hellfire are added... Levels? They are all Cathedral/Caves copies so why to add it again? Hellfire added some bosses that aren't right with Diablo lore. But many other sprites are in Belzebub/Tchernobog. And... some hint... They were all in original Diabdat.mpq - that's how Hellfire was made...
Nightwolf

Post by Nightwolf »

Yeah, I also hope if Hellfire maps, enemies, monk, etc are added too.
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

Actually, as long as the same game engine used (which is the case of Diablo 1 and Hellfire) what it takes to copy a playing class, NPCs and quests is mostly (not only but mostly) CTRL+C CTRL+V. There might be some technical difficulties to do so because of some object limit or code limit caused by flaw of the engine itself, but all in all if we don't have quests and characters from Hellfire yet, it is solely mode developer's decision. What is the reasoning behind that - it is better to ask them.

This is only my opinion though.
blankname

Post by blankname »

the voice quality of hellfire mobs is too low and all of them would need a replacement; monk is missing the speech files for the unused quests that got reimplemented in this 'mod'; the game is already too long compared to the original, due to the addition of revived quests and custom lvls, adding hive and nest would make it even longer and would require more work to rebalance not just these new lvls but also all the stuff that would be placed on top of it

those are some of the possible reasons that come to my mind
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

lol I actually thought that quests and voiceovers were fan made as well - just had nowhere to learn the opposite. Not sure why making voiceovers would be a problem though, maybe because Blizzard used some weird ass coding for audio files or whatever else technical reason.
This kinda makes sense, but not the balance stuff you mentioned - scaling monster damage and xp on different difficulty levels doesn't appear too tough. Of course adding any content implies balancing it a bit, but let's be honest: in its current state the game is far from being perfectly balanced. That being said, adding extra dungeon won't harm as much, while adding some nostalgia and diversity to gameplay: all quest locations are one-level dungeons, and hive and crypt are full-fleged multi-level dungeons where people could do their grinding instead of Terror's Domain and such. More content is always more fun! I really want to hope that someday BrightLord will say: "I have possibility of adding some Hellfire stuff"