Heartseeker-treasure map and gambling

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
hldemi

Heartseeker-treasure map and gambling

Post by hldemi »

Ward bow drops in hell treasure map but im not sure if it can roll unique bacause Heartseeker qlvl is too high. I never got any item over lvl 31 on hell from those chests. So I guess that its time to beat hell with by sorc and do treasure on torment.

Now gambling for this bow on hell is special story. Gambling is dependent on your level and on difficulty level. WIth level 41 i get lvl 41 items on hell. I got lvl 37 rare ward bows on hell from gambling so I guess that Heartseeker can be gambled with lvl 41 on hell and several ppl on this forum said that they gambled it on hell. The problem is the chance to get unique here.

I gambled for like 500 ward bows. I get rare one per every 10 of magic ward bows I gamble so thats around 50 rare ward bows. Not a single unique item. Taking into account that it takes around 3 minutes to even find ward bow to gamble i decided to buy random stuff just to see how many items it takes in order to get unique. And after 1230 items I got unique belt lvl 3.

So gentleman, gambling is ridiculous if you want to get unique. Even if you had infinite gold you would get crazy from the amount of times you clicked on Gheed. Even if Gheed sold only Ward bows it would take hours to get Heartseeker. The amount of rares however is really great. I would strongly suggest gambling for belts and jewelry. But besides that dont gamble for uniques. It will only bring hours of frustration. It would take billions and billions of gold and time. Not worth it.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

I have found 95% of all unique and set items without farming is specific areas. I just play torment runs at whatever level my character is capable of barely surviving at the highest $PLAYER possible without dying immediately. I like the challenge. My goal is to play out challenging equipment combinations at difficulty levels that they are not meant for.
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

Excuse me as it is somehow offtopic, but what $PLAYER command used for? What does it affect? IIRC in D2 it increased experience gain from monsters while also making them tougher.
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Monsters have more hp, AC, dmg and hit chance and drop better stuff and give more xp. And $player X command only affects monsters, not chests or anything else.
hldemi

Post by hldemi »

Also my experience is that monster power 5 gives double the exp of monster power 0 and monster power 10 gives 3 times as much. So if on MP 0 moster gives 15k exp on MP 5 it will give 30k and on MP 10 it will give 45k .... This makes Hell levels on mp10 great for farming exp.