Infos on classes in detail is needed

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
Doubtful

Infos on classes in detail is needed

Post by Doubtful »

So today i started and the first thing that came to my mind is that i first and foresmost need to know how classes function in detail.
For example. How much stats they gain via attributes, what skills they have, from which weapons/armors they benefits or get penalties, etc etc.
So i suggest someone that knows FOR SURE the amounts (maybe the developer himself) post all these info in a wiki or make it a downloadable file.
Darkaleb

Post by Darkaleb »

Would be great, there is already a Belzebub guide on which is based Tchernobog, but game balance has changed (and probably will change again), so it's useful but not completely reliable. Anyway you can find it here: http://awake.diablo1.eu.org/diablo-1-hd ... t1211.html

Not a good idea to put efforts on a Tchernobog guide alpha version...
Doubtful

Post by Doubtful »

i see. thank you.
Doubtful

Post by Doubtful »

I am currently 7 lvl Barbarian.
I gave 10 points to STR and i gained 3 points to minimum damage and 2 points to maximum.
I gave 10 points to DEX and didnt gain any damage.

I didnt notice other stats cause i wanted to check if the guide is correct file:///C:/Users/vzgo/Downloads/docsV3/Documentation_-_DIABLO_1_HD_(Belzebub)_v3.0/10_Barbarian.html and apparently it isnt. And i am glad about that !! I am glad it inst that simplified.

I just wish i knew what exactly each attribute gives to each class so that i can also come up with a build.
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

The docs is for Belzebub build, you are playing Tchernobog build, and latest patch notes stated that melee classes gains from STR and DEX changed, so you didn't need to check if it's correct, cause obviously it isn't since they are different builds. But if you want to find out how they increase now here is what i did for Belzebub documentation, i level up each character without spending any attribute points and see how dmg/life/etc increased just from leveling, then equipped magic amulet/rings with +x STR/DEX/MAG/VIT to see how soft points increase stats like dmg/life/AC/etc and then spend points and see how hard points affect stats.
Doubtful

Post by Doubtful »

Yeah but what about less obvious statistics gained from attributes, such as stun threshold (is there even such thing in TB?) and similar effects.
Last edited by Doubtful on 27 Jan, 2017 17:56, edited 1 time in total.
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Yeah there is hit recovery, but we don't know how many frames of animations characters or monsters have or at which nr they decrease, so just like attack speed you'd have to try and see around what % from items helps not get stun locked. And another thing is that with each difficulty monsters all around speed increases, so like your attack speed needs increasing to keep stunlocking enemies so would your hit recovery need to increase to not get stunlocked yourself by monsters higher attack speed.
Doubtful

Post by Doubtful »

i corrected my previous comment.