Crafting and other stuff

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
d1saster

Crafting and other stuff

Post by d1saster »

Hi!
I have some question:
1. While crafting process basic item quality affect final crafted item or not?
2. Basic properties such as bow very fast attack stay after or crafting is completely random process?
3. Is it useful use craft on first difficulty? Or better wait for nightmare or even hell?
4. Is Gamble useful? Anybody uses it?
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Hi and welcome to the forum! :D

1. No, you can use any quality item, all affixes will depend on recipe not what the item used had before. Also the uniq/set quality ones that have special gfx turn to normal gfx of that base item used.
2. The item speed, attribute requirements, DMG/AC and durability will be those that of a normal (white) quality item. Affixes may change this, like they do for rares, crafted items are essentially better rares.
3. I only craft 3rd and 4th sets of recipes, the first two ones are weak and not worth it imo. But i guess you can craft them if you don't have at least a decent rare for one of your item slot.
4. I gamble all gold at Gheed, but only in Torment difficulty since it gives best items, i get about 0.5-1mil after clearing a full Torment level. Sometimes you can get uniq and sets items too, but it's very rare. Anything you don't need salvage, you will need the materials and gold is overabundant and there is no other use for it anyway.

And i don't know if this is what you wanted to know since you asked a lot of stuff and i'm not sure if you asked in the correct way or if i understood the questions, but others may answer as well or you could ask again differently, like specific with what you have/use and what you think it will result.
pocket951

Post by pocket951 »

I just read your post draco..maybe there is a super slim chance I can gamble a cermonial mail/vamp gaze. I am going for it.

or not, 30 mil gold worth of tigulated mail later and nothing. sigh
andronnik

Post by andronnik »

I gambled 10 Mil in torment difficulty, and didn't get anything good... Not even a good rare or unique item i could use:D

But you might be luckier than me, and you got 30 Mil!
uRa!
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

I usually only gamble rings/amulets when i want to spend gold and salvage for materials and they do give good materials. And i've gotten both set and uniq rings while doing so but only 3 or 4 times and i've must have spent at least 2 billion gold in total, so it is very rare as i said before, and after all there is no use for gold other than this so might as well do it. On occasion i did also gamble for armors and weapons but only a few of them that i needed for crafting, and didn't get a uniq or set type, so gambling is not for fishing a uniq/set item but it can happen, just don't count on it.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

The only other uses for gold other than gambling is repairing equipment at blacksmith and identifying rare, unique, and set items.

For gambling, the best use if for rings and amulets. Almost all of the best rare jewelry I have acquired have come from gambling.

In crafting salvage, jewelry gives more materials more quickly because more items can fit into the salvage screen.

Use gambling to purchase armor items with the highest base AC value for use in crafting armor. Purchasing armor at blacksmith from base items is a waste of time.
Dummy

Post by Dummy »

hi I need Silver Oil for crafting . What Items must i salvage for became this.

Thanks
d1saster

Post by d1saster »

DacianDraco,
Hi, and thank you for your answer!
Yes, you correctly understood and give detailed answer. As always on this forum.
Thank you for your time!

BTW,
Unique item after salvaging give more reagents? Or it's better to sell them for money and use gambling?
andronnik

Post by andronnik »

@Dummy you get Silver Oil from salvaging already crafted items.

@disaster yes, Uniques give better materials.
uRa!
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Sell nothing and salvage everything, even magic (blue) items that don't give a lot of materials, most recipes take a lot of Azure Oil and you need every bit you can get.
Doubtful

Post by Doubtful »

when you unlock crafting?
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

After you complete The Anvil of Fury quest (you find it on Caves lvl 10), that's where you will salvage and craft items. You need to do this quest on all difficulties unless you want to switch difficulty and use the anvil you have there.
Rakka

Post by Rakka »

Sorry noob here just started playing...how do you craft rings and necks if necks and rings never drop/buy as white color?
Wojtek25

Post by Wojtek25 »

You can use any rarity :P , so make one out of blue or yellow, or even unique :P
Just another guy , who love endless dungeons , weird huh?
Sneeper

Post by Sneeper »

What is the most cost-efficient way of getting silver oil?

Thanks in advance! :)