Where to farm on Nightmare for my Rogue.....

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Rakka

Where to farm on Nightmare for my Rogue.....

Post by Rakka »

Lv36 Rogue here. Stuck on Diablo now, not sure if its my gear or maybe havent found a strategy yet. Seems my lv8 golem gets 1 shotted so hes out of the question. Is teleporting the way to go (got him down to 25% once) and also is Guided arrow the way to go or use Sightless eye. My dps is around 600 with max avoidance maybe 480-500 if i use a bow that gives an extra 148% damage against demons. With less avoidance i can get to 700 dps but that makes me to squishy.
So i figure i need more gear. I can farm treasure but it seems nothing great even drops and mostly lv 19 gear. When i farm lv16/archbishop lazurus i get better gear. Should i just farm 13-16? or just 16?
Thanks
Rakka
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Just grind and level up at whichever dlvl that you can currently clear. Add some Magic Find gear. Make runs at $PLAYER x just at the point where clearing mobs is difficult but you don't die too often. Make runs to the various Treasure areas such as Leoric's Lomb, Hall of Bone, Secret Treasure, and Horazon. Other than these areas, as long as you have some Magic Find all drops are random and you can find just about anything anywhere.
Rakka

Post by Rakka »

thanks you
Rakka

Post by Rakka »

The extra 2 levels and a ring i got, made it.....Hell here I come!!!! :D
Rakka

Post by Rakka »

Update: was on level 4.....got a bit excited when a unique ward bow dropped......bummer was not a Heartseekeer.....but instead i got a Magewrath...cant complain considering I just double my dps went from 640 to 1210 and 10% mana steal its pretty damn nice.

Post by 2330 »

Heh, I found three heartseekers before I found my first mage wrath.

I recommend you buy a ton of mana potions, cast golem, and teleport skip everything until you reach hell (level 13). It will save you the headache of having to deal with archers (bane of all rogues). Not to mention the experience and farming is so much better in hell. Reaching level 13 will also activate 'The Lost Treasure' which is another nice perk.
Rakka

Post by Rakka »

Did the same when i was in nightmare to farm lost treasure. I'm in no rush and I like doing the quests plus i just entered hell mode and i know I'm going to be here for a bit. If i get frustrated ill teleport down to 13.
Yeah, archers are a pain in the ass...especially the ones with frozen effect...