Tips for beating diablo in hell

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
carpediem86

Tips for beating diablo in hell

Post by carpediem86 »

I got 3 characters, sorceress, rogue and warrior. All in the end of hell. All around lvl 41. The mobs before diablo are difficult. Any general tips?

Rogues dps is around 1500 and warriors 2000.
Zodi

Post by Zodi »

I have the same problems with Sorc (lvl 44). The clear up just takes too long ... to many imunity's...too little time :(

edit: The second bossmob kills me almost instant :x
carpediem86

Post by carpediem86 »

Yeah it feels so difficult! For the nightmare difficulty I was collecting items in hell with the sorceress for the other two, so that worked out okay. Now my rogue can do decent dmg, but the survival is still low even with golem summoned. I will try again.

PS, this mod is awsome :D

Edit: Zodi, tell me if you make it, maybe you will have some tips for me.
Kirase

Post by Kirase »

Same here.

Wasnt lucky enough to get enough magic find very early in the game.
Guess that could have made quite a difference.

Farming "Secret Tunnel" for some hours seems helpful.
Slowly stacking up some more magic find %, spell levels and finally some more OMPH to go for Diablo hell.

Post by 2330 »

Your rogue stands the best chance of beating hell Diablo. Focus on her so that she can farm torment gear for your sorcerer and warrior.

Hell terror domain is basically a gear check. Get your golem and teleport as high as possible (magic potion, eerie shrine, fountain of tears, gear). Get mana leech high enough so you can spam multi shot and sightless eye indefinitely. If you don't have heartseeker, then I recommend gambling for one. I got one after spending a few million gold with a level 40 character.

When facing Diablo, summon golem next to and behind him. He will engage the golem in melee combat rather than nuke you from afar with apocalypse. Because hes facing away from you, his chain lightning won't hit you.
carpediem86

Post by carpediem86 »

Thank you! I will try with rogue then. So far I mostly tried with my sorceress since I could nearly do it. Only tried once with the rogue. I got a bow that's one handed and an awesome shield, but I still die so easily.

I guess it is a specific item I should gamble to get heart seeker (ward bow)?

Another question also, with the apocalypse spell, does fire penetration work or not? It say "target fire resistance: -17 %" and this is not a single target spell.

Edit: Gambled 20 ward bows now, no luck so far. I still got some gold left though.

Post by 2330 »

Use your sorcerer (fastest casting class with highest mana pool) to farm lost treasure (try to aim for 200% magic find and wear goldwrap belt if you have it). Not only will you find a ton of beneficial uniques, but it will also make you build up your gold very quickly. Use said gold to gamble for ward bows. If you don't find heartseeker via lost treasure, you will eventually get one via gambling. Your patience will be rewarded. The bow is a game changer.

Fire penetration works with apocalypse. However, if the monsters fire resistance is equal to or greater than 117%, it will do no fire damage. If i'm not mistaken, a monsters resistance increases by 25% each difficulty. Your go to fire spell for elemental immune monsters should be meteor cluster (it deals decent physical damage alongside fire damage). Only use apocalypse if you're facing a dense crowd and elemental drain is up. I like to teleport across the map and nuke stuff with apocalypse while elemental drain is up.

Honestly though, sorcerer is underpowered compared to rogue. Heres a video of a rogue clowning torment terror domain in 2 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyd6LAMl1YQ

And yes, the player is using heartseeker. The bow is godly.
carpediem86

Post by carpediem86 »

I got my hopes up now. Got 213 % MF with the goldwrap belt. Gambled 30 bows so far. I really want the heartseeker.

I tried meteor shower also, and it works better than apocalypse for sure.

Edit: gambled 65 ward bows now for 10 million gold. No luck. I'm doing runs to get more things and gold, but getting a bit tired of this. The ward bows I can gamble all look the same, no one looks exactly like the heartseeker.
carpediem86

Post by carpediem86 »

I made it! Killed diablo with my sorceress now. But I had to kill him 2 times in a row?? Without going to the city inbetween. The time was not up, so he should not be extra powerful.

If anyone reads this and wants some tips you can read what "2330" wrote about meteor shower and golem position and that's it. I used bone spirit to start with of course.

My rogue still dies to easily and I haven't got the heartseeker yet.
Kirase

Post by Kirase »

Have you been able to hit diablo with bone spirit without elemental drain active?
carpediem86

Post by carpediem86 »

Yeah, I mean I used elemental drain to speed things up but he was vulnerable also without it. I have - 27 % magic resistance on one of my staves so that could help.

Actually Diablo was not that difficult with my mage. All the monsters before him was the hard part. And it took time. I was worried that the one hour would be up. Or maybe it was up? Because I had to kill diablo 2 times in a row. That never happened for me before.

Tip: The third miniboss before diablo resurrects other minions. So before you challenge him, you can lure all the mobs outside the room before killing them. So the miniboss has nothing dangerous to resurrect = easy kill.

And I got a heartseeker now also wich made it possible to kill diablo with my rouge also. It made a huge difference!
Kirase

Post by Kirase »

Guess that your staff "Skull Collector" really helped.

On my last try against diablo i noticed that it was not possible for me to hit him with bone spirit.
carpediem86

Post by carpediem86 »

Well if you made it there once you can make it again. Maybe the resistance is a bit random? Or if your staff only has like -8 % resistance you could find one around 15-20 % and it might make the difference. Torment is really hard though with my mage so I play mostly with the rogue.
Lasic

Post by Lasic »

I'm also struggling with Hell Terror Domain with my 41 Rogue. I'm now using a Bow of the dead, which is both IAS +20% and ITD, just like the Heartseeker. I know BotD is slower than Heartseeker, gets me 1300 dps which is clearly far from enough for the level. Been farming Hell Lost Treasure for like a month, gambling all the time (~100 ward bows or more?), getting little tired.

Got screens of the set I use, and my stats shown. What's wrong with it? Is it just the Heartseeker missing, or I'm mixing wrong items? (the colored amulet in backpack is for lightning resist as needed)

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/1955/UB0Gub.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img922/5790/jvJYUJ.png
carpediem86

Post by carpediem86 »

It seems like you don't have that good gear. I can help you a bit if you want, pm me then. I had this armor in hell I think, and liked it more because of the extra damage it gives you:
https://imgur.com/a/MwqMR

This weapong is cool also even if it doesn't have ignore targets defence:
https://imgur.com/a/KmJu1

And get the golem as high lvl as possible to get som protection vs diablo. And also use the spell "insanity" if you're not already doing that. Place to golem on your opposite side of diablo.