Hellfire installation problem win7

Diablo 1 Hellfire Forum
mastercook

Hellfire installation problem win7

Post by mastercook »

Hi guys,

couldnt find the solution for my problem anywhere so im trying post on this forum. Anyway, my problem is that i cant even start the installer for my hellfire. Each time im starting the setup process it appears on the process list in the manager but nothing else happens. Ive already tried using all compatibility mods, running it as administrator and much more but none of this methodes seemed to work for me. If anyone could help me with this id really appreciate this.

Regards

EDIT

I noticed that the setup process that is started when i click on the "install" button is located not on the CD with hellfire but in the windows/SysWOW64/InstallShield directory
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

Hello

Maybe this can help You:

1. Create "Hellfire" folder
2. Download this and extract into "Hellfire" folder
3. Copy from Hellfire CD every .mpq files into Hellfire folder.
4. Run Hellfire.exe

Version v1.01
Cpmmand.txt included
Multiplayer patched
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

By the way.

How am I supposed to make Hellfire multiplayer? I was searching on some forums and coudln't find anything helpful. Some guy said that u can just write someting in command.txt, someone said that u can do it somehow in hellfireUI.dll but he didn't even explaied how :P

With that HellfireUI.dll im nearly sure it was you Notkis ;]

Can u explain it to me on pw or here please ?
Velkator

Post by Velkator »

I've tried to search everywhere on how to get Hellfire multiplayer, for win7.
I think I've tried it all now, including the things you mentioned above. But I can't seem to get it working.

My last possibility was this Hellfire 'mod' that you guys have here at The Awakening. But I guess it's the same story here, no multiplayer option?

I do love your "The Awakening" mod for Diablo though, but I'd really like to try out the new classes like bard, monk and barbarian as well :D

Do tell if it is possible. There seem to be a fix for Windows XP, but not really for Win 7 :(
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

Mod for Hellfire is in pre-beta phase - not finished yet. I will add multiplayer option in next version (early May or earlier)