Crafting: is it worth it to use upgrade item recipes?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Bloodbath

Crafting: is it worth it to use upgrade item recipes?

Post by Bloodbath »

Just curious about others thoughts on the subject. Is it really worth it to upgrade any base unique/sets/crafted items?
Martim

Post by Martim »

yes, but be careful with requirements of upgraded item.
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Some set/uniq items are worth it but most are not (imo) cause at that req level you could equip other set/uniq items if you have them and they are better. Thou for rare/crafted items it always is good to uptier, tier 1 items are found even in endgame and they can be better with more AC or base dmg from uptiering recipe, sure if you can equip them first. For items max req lvl is 50, so when you are clvl 50 it's safe to uptier anything worth while. Oh and staves should never be uptiered, it's a waste. And keep in mind there may be a bug with swords, i mean i dunno if it's a bug or intentional, anyway they don't uptier to the intuitive type, these are:
SCIMITAR -> CUTLAS
SABRE -> RAPIER
LONG SWORD -> ESPADON
CLAYMORE -> BATTLE SWORD
How i feel they normally should be is:
SCIMITAR -> RAPIER
SABRE -> CUTLAS
LONG SWORD -> BATTLE SWORD
CLAYMORE -> ESPADON
This is important to consider when uptiering because of weapon speed mostly, base dmg is secondary since it's safe to say on a melee fighter class attack time is more important, more chance to proc and ultimately more crit chance and dmg over time. You'd want either a Scimitar/Rapier or Long/Battle Sword for better speed, so keep this in mind when you uptier them. You may have a good Scimitar and decide to upgrade it and it turns into a sub-par Cutlass, or you find a semi-decent Claymore but if you upgrade it then the resulting Battle Sword can turn out better then you thoughm, etc.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Uptier bug is a good bug sometimes when it becomes a faster weapon, worthless bug when it slows down the weapon class.

Uptiered set armor and unique weapons was a game changer for me before going into Torment. In Torment thought, only the highest class items are useful and must have Ignore Target Defenses.

That being said, it is playable to equip uptiered equipment combinations and run on Hell $PLAYER 10 which gives you a challenge but without as many immunities and defenses. Can still gain some exp and salvage drops.
carpediem86

Post by carpediem86 »

How do you uptier items? I'm trying to beat diablo with my sorceress to go to Torment, but it's not easy. Even the mobs before are tricky.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

There are crafting scrolls: Upgrade (Magic, Rare, Unique, Set, Crafted) (Armor, Weapon). Which will uptier 1st tier items.
carpediem86

Post by carpediem86 »

Okay, I got 49 recepies now and no one is "upgrade". I only have so I can transmute gems and uptier them. I hope soon I will find one.
Ugily

Crafting

Post by Ugily »

Keep looking. Crafting scrolls are random as any other rare drops. My characters are between level 49 and 53 and I still have not found Upgrade Set Weapon and some of the level 50 craft scrolls. There are apparently some hidden scrolls that are not activated in the game. There was a post about a year ago in which some were revealed.

Does anyone know about these?
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

I remember that post, and i now have the code for items and can look them up. They were supposed to be called "HARDENED IRON RING" "DRAGONSLAYER'S HAUBERK" "SEAL OF SLAUGHTER" "THE EYE OF THE STORM" and "HAND OF JUSTICE", i'm not gonna post the stats too cause it's irrelevant now, since we can't really have them.
diablo

Post by diablo »

Where and how can I craft Items?

In Tchernobog Mod a blacksmith anvil which can be used to craft items, But in the Belzebub Mod is not a anvil, and the blacksmith I find no option!
carpediem86

Post by carpediem86 »

You need to finish a quest to get the anvil in Beelzeub. Have a look at the quests here on the website and you will find it. Crafting seems to be kinda useless anyway on the first difficulty, so you can do it more later.
diablo

Post by diablo »

okay thx
Onigion

Post by Onigion »

I cannot findt any recipes for gems upgrade =((( I'm already 48 lvl and farmed many times...maybe this recipes will get automatically with the anvil fury quest?