Spell book requirements

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
RpTheHotrod

Spell book requirements

Post by RpTheHotrod »

In the original Diablo, if I remember correctly, each spell ability had its own magic requirement depending on what level the spell is. The more of that spell type you memorized, the higher the magic requirement to learn the next level. However, this didn't touch other spells, as each spell handled its own magic requirement to learn.

I was playing the mod and had 4 books of 4 different spells. I learned one book, and suddenly the other 3 books (despite being other spells completely) had too high of a magic requirement to learn. On top of that, they all had the exact same amount of magic required to learn each spell (again, despite them being all different spells).

Am I not remembering how Diablo 1's system worked? Did this mod change how magic requirements worked?

Post by 2330 »

I don't remember this ever happening with my sorcerer.
Constance

Post by Constance »

Probably you were under the influence of a magic elixir when you read the first book and then its effect stopped, thus you didn't have enough magic to read the rest after it did?
RpTheHotrod

Post by RpTheHotrod »

Good theory, but I have not used any elixers.

So, it is supposed to be independent per spell ability, right?
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Or you may have touched an Eerie shrine, which also boosts Mag temporarily. And yes it's independent.