Sorc stuck at hell terrors domain

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Don't remember which resistances you can break most easily for Blood Knights, with Elemental Drain skill and -% (element) Resistance affix on rare/crafted staff and some uniq items, but Meteor Cluster is a safe bet, since it also does some physical dmg and monsters are not immune to it.

Spellweaver is the last Caster oriented recipe, it gives +1-3 to a page 4 spell, Meteor Cluster and maybe Golem are most useful from that page, and imo it's always better then Archmage recipes which is the last Sorcerer designed recipe. Next best one until you can upgrade to Spellweaver i'd say is Conjuror which is ok but falls behind in Torment, it's the second to last recipe for casters. Compared to Spellweaver it gives a bit less +MAG and less bonus affixes but you get +1-3 to a page 3 spell, preferably Chain Lightning whose dmg is not affected by +MAG anyway so you'll have a bit less mana pool with your Sorcerer, but since the item level will be lower you can use it sooner from around clvl 32, but as i said it falls behind in Torment so better switch to Spellweaver when you can. Any other recipes i don't find very useful to craft for a Sorcerer, but maybe you'd want to craft some item with a Radiant recipe too, for it's resistances and -DFE if you haven't fully mastered kiteing and Teleporting away to avoid hits.

As for gold, i just gamble at Gheed in Torment difficulty for best results, i go for jewelry types most of the time unless i want some specific item to craft. And i don't do it to get cool items but it's good for salvageing and hopefully getting some of those Alchemist Box materials which are rare and needed for crafting. Honestly there is no use for Gold other then repairing your gear and buying Full Rejuvenation potions for characters other then Sorcerer (uses Full Mana potions) and Necromancer (uses Full Life potions).
Sneeper

Post by Sneeper »

Thanks mate, you really know your stuff about this game :)

Have not found any spellweaver recipes yet though, but i'm still in lvl 16 hell difficulty..
Clvl is now 44

Your tip about the chain lightning with the lost treasure cave is solid for leveling, i'm putting them at $player 10 so they give quite nice exp, i die a couple of times but it's worth it.
Sneeper

Post by Sneeper »

So when Cain says Diablo is at full power you are pretty much fucked?
Cause i can't clear the level fast enough..

It's kind of retarded the faster you can clear the level the easier diablo is..
So the OP chars get an easier diablo and the weak who actually have to struggle to reach diablo just get shredded..

That's like my boss saying the harder you work the less i'll pay you

I like this game/mod but that's some backwards ass logic
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Yes pretty much, i mean he can be defeated even at full power (i've done it with an Assassin once) but it's much much harder so it's best to just try again. I've said the route i take for clearing here: http://awake.diablo1.eu.org/post10162.html#10162 Also if you say you are at the end of Hell and if i remember correctly you need 15-20 -% (elemental) Resistance on 2 or even 3 staves plus what your Elemental Drain has to break immunity in Terror's Domain, and have your Golem up always even if Diablo kills him in less then his 10s timer to resummon, he is good for distracting and keeping monsters still so you can better aim. For Gam'ar put up Guardians and a Sentinel before you unleash him, summon a Golem right next to him and alternate Blizzard and Meteor Cluster on LMB and RMB for the most part and keep resummoning the Golem so he doesn't go for you, also know that he is immune to Magic dmg but it can be broken if you also have -% Magic Resistance on staff and with Elemental drain so you could use Bone Spirit less effectively, but Bloodlord isn't immune to magic so start by hitting him with Bone Spirit to chip off away most of his hp and finish him off with whatever, Benedict is easiest, i just Chain Lighting him to cause he summons skeletons and more "rays" hit this way.

PS: Sorcerer is pretty OP, it's just that you may not be well geared or muscle trained enough, frankly all can be OP but some are less gear dependent or generally are played safer and less skill/spell intensive.
Sneeper

Post by Sneeper »

I bet i could beat it if i had enough time, i play slow and strategicly but this goddamn 1 hour timer is what get's me..

That tip about everything dying in the S room when diablo spawns might help though, thanks
sergio_cannabis

Post by sergio_cannabis »

i always kill doomlord gam'mar or whats his name with chain lightning after i have drained his life with blood spirit. also works great against his minions.
Sneeper

Post by Sneeper »

Can you send PM's on this forum because my PM just keeps sitting in my Outbox instead of Sentbox.. :?: :?:
andronnik

Post by andronnik »

i think it becomes sent when the recipient has read it, or.... when he cleared his inbox, in case that it was full and no more emails can come in.
uRa!
Sneeper

Post by Sneeper »

Finally managed to defeat diablo on hell..
I tried to be as fast as possible and just barely made it, must of been only minutes left.

Thanks for your tips, they surely helped :)

Btw is exp gained in torment the same as in hell?
Because the exp from the first dlvl's is so low :/
sergio_cannabis

Post by sergio_cannabis »

yes torment offers more experience.
andronnik

Post by andronnik »

Torment offers more exp, but the first lvls give less xp/monster than the last in hell, since the first lvls are easier to clear. You have tons of mobs bunched up together, and they don't have teleport or poison or other "painful" abilities :)
uRa!
KataL

Post by KataL »

I defeated hell diablo with:

golem (very important to be high level) i think mine was 16 or 17
meteor cluster lvl 13 or 14 (deals physical dmg)
apocalype lvl 10 or 11 (deals physical dmg)
blood spirit 16 or so (works like static field / crushing blow)
chain lightning ~15ish (best for gam'ar i found)

all of those levels i aquired with some +spelllevel gear like thinking cap and skin of the vipermagi

-13ish magic pierce
-13ish lightning pierce

for diablo himself i used

-13 magic pierce + blood spirit / finish off with meteor clusters

hope this helps. GL
XylonDarkstar

Post by XylonDarkstar »

This is what I'm stuck at now. Trying to find more spell books for apocalypse and blizzard, but none seem to drop. Always the low level ones or blood star. Any particular place/level preferred for farming bookcases?
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Soulstone Chamber, one after the Secret Tunnel from Lost Treasure quest. You don't really have to kill the Mages there, just use Telekinesis on the levers to open doors and on the Bookcases and see what drops. Then Teleport to next corner room and repeat.