Tchernobog mod continues

Diablo 1 HD, codename Tchernbog - General forum.
BrightLord

Tchernobog mod continues

Post by BrightLord »

Hello.

I recently started to tinker around with the mod again. There is a chance for bug fixing patches in near future. I realized that even with limited amout of time it's still possible to bring the mod to playability levels of belzebub. The problem is that progres will be slow. :twisted:

My plan:
1) Fix bugs that are easiely to repair from the bug tracker. That should be achieved till January 2017 and will result in a patch.
2) Change mod balance to Belzebub way of doing things. That means Torment difficulty level. I plan to somehow increase difficulty of regular monsters with slight nerf to some of the boss mechanics.
3) Fix bugs that require changes in the mod core. This should hopefully add some polish to whole thing and make it feel more stable.
4) Slowly implement quests and missing features

That should take whole 2017 year...
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

I'm overjoyed to hear this, like everyone else reading it, and excited for new patches coming in the future. :D I played mostly the Belzebub build, cause i'm story driven, but now i will surely switch to Tchernobog build to test out things as they progress.
jangnanggureogi

Post by jangnanggureogi »

tuggle id:jangnanggureogi
ICQ number:691511013
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

Ugily

Post by Ugily »

I would really love a Belzebub to Tchernobog character migration utility. That would be icing on the cake.
andronnik

Post by andronnik »

Holy bullocks! Welcome back BrightLord! :) That's great news, gonna try out Tchernobog then.
uRa!
Kazvall

Post by Kazvall »

Awesome!

If you try to set a skill to the same f key, twice, the game crashes.

When a golem dies in a fire or lightning wall, the game crashes. Or sometimes when he just dies at all.

If you try to summon a monster, as necro, on top of other monsters, sometimes the game will crash.

If you try to use slots 11-20 on the shared stash, game crash.

Firebolt/holybolt can go up to 128 skill, then they go negative. Fascinating shrines are permanent and add 10 or 11 levels in firebolt.

I'm sure there is more I am forgetting. But, thanks for all the fun I've had so far. A lot of us still play Tcherno all the time.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

I would like to nominate Brightlord for a Nobel Prize.
danielson

Post by danielson »

Progress doesn't matter, the main point is that you didn't leave your own masterpiece :3. Well, I respect you either way and won't blame you at all if you quit it again at some time since you made these all for free too.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

I have already fixed 25 bugs from the tracker. There are about 35 more that can be fixed without great effort or rewriting mod modules. After that I'm not sure whether I should first improve mod architecture that's needed to fix some heavy bugs like game freeze or items disapearing or implement quests first.
danielson

Post by danielson »

In my opinion if implementing the quests (and other features) does not mess up the already done bugfixes then they can wait. If it generates new bugs (other than the fixed ones) then it does not matter when you implement them. Sorry I don't know, I am not a programmer, maybe what I wrote is a bullshit . :?
pride

Post by pride »

Yes, please, the game need the quests for more fun
SlapZ

Post by SlapZ »

Awesome.

Though BrightLord, I IMPLORE You to take breaks when You'll start feeling burned out. It's better to take a 2-week breaks then to freeze it for two years. I will also help with testing and brainstorming if You'll need it.
BrightLord

Post by BrightLord »

Dealing with bugs and implementing quests is just a matter of time. However I'm really sad about mod balance. It's somewhere between poor and non existing. I don't even see a possibility to fix it to the way it should be because it requires much testing and playing with calc sheets which would take me massive amount of time.
Darkaleb

Post by Darkaleb »

I don't see such balance problems, but obviously i haven't enough experience.
If firebolt / holybolt bugs will be fixed I don't even see all this overpower in sorcerers, considering these facts:

- against full immunities mobs they are totally useless;
- in the endgame life steal and high defence mechanics makes warriors / barbarians virtually invincible, while sorcerers have constantly need to teleports away of every single dumb mob in hell / torment difficulty;
- range mobs are a pain in the ass for every spellcaster.

Actually i'm level 46 sorceror with decent gear and honestly without guardian / firebolt bug i could not handle more than level 9-10, exactly like my brother (warrior lvl 42). In fact i have to skip all levels with too hard fire immunity mobs (like those f....ings infernal dogs).

Just my 2 cents