41lvl sorc pov

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
totalenigma

41lvl sorc pov

Post by totalenigma »

first of all the spells
there are spells that i use 99% of the fights- teleport , golem , apocalypse ,lightning , guardian , blizzard, mana shield the rest are quite shit and the cost of MAGIC to learn them OMG..350++ and more that is insane

monster resistance
i have no idea who thought that making full resistance monster is a cool idea ( all 4 magic,lightning,cold,fire) , this is just stupid am i suppose to teleport with my golem and melee it?

crafting
dont see the point of this when you can just find better stuff on your own.
example - sorc staff that i did.. 18 mana , 3+ frozen orb , +18 magic wow clap clap i have dreamflange scepter unique .
from what i seen there are a lot of recipes and they can only drop cant buy.

Suggestions
-make the MAGIC required to learn spell a 400 cap, it should be enough
-elemental drain should be a passive OR give it 15sec cooldown (110 sec is far to long)
-Mind mace spell should be pure physical damage ( to counter 4 res monsters )
-All recipes should be bought from Griswold for like 5k each

overall the mod is very well done great work
Marysza

Post by Marysza »

If you r playing as sorc there is a skill named

ELEMENTAL DRAIN
Effect: Offensive buff that enables spells to pierce through the enemies' resistances for 8.525 sec
Cost: 10% + 15 Mana
Cooldown: 2.5 min
Synergy: Magic (increases All Resistances Penetration & duration of buff)
Required Level: 8

Also there is a

Bone Spirit
Type: Blood Magic | Required Level: 8 | Book Price: 11500 Gold
Description: Releases a spirit of the restless that is attracted by souls of the living and saps their life energy.

Its taking some percentage amount of moster HP

Blood Star
Type: Blood Magic & Unholy | Required Level: 12 | Book Price: 27500 Gold
Description: Creates a vile star out of caster's blood that defiles target and adjacent enemies.

Those spells will be really effective against Mob's with full resist's.

Theres also prefix on staffs:

Heretic's Cane
Elder Staff

Reduces Target Fire Resistance: -(4to8)%
Reduces Target Lightning Resistance: -(4to8)%
Reduces Target Cold Resistance: -(4to8)%
Reduces Target Magic Resistance: -(4to8)%

You should look for one.
totalenigma

Post by totalenigma »

bone spirit and blood star do not work on magic resist monster because they are magic type attack

elemental drain is the only good thing here but has that super long cooldown for unknown reasons

i got a staff that reduces fire res by 15%, but 15% is nothing , i need 50% minimum for proper play on Hell diff

thats why i suggested the changes
andronnik

Post by andronnik »

Long story short. I agree with you.... in regard of the Mind Mace suggestion.
The rest is shit :D No offence.

Source: sorcerer lvl 53.
uRa!
RagingSloth

Post by RagingSloth »

I can't say that I agree with the design decision to maintain the slow solo play of sorcs post normal difficulty. After getting some decent gear (400+ magic) and resist all 75% nightmare isn't too hard, just have to watch out for certain champions and boss mobs that will wreck you before you can drink a potion.

But it is important to realize that this is a not a change from the original Diablo 1 play style. In hell difficulty, as a sorc you didn't really go past catacombs without going really slow. This meant a liberal use of stone curse and golem, and beating on things left and right. It was a very slow going process, and having played a sorc to 50 legitimately I can say that I never went into hell/caves or hell/hell solo (having to CR also played a big role in that). I would usually go with a warrior/rogue, and ended up stoning most of the time past level 14.

I do agree that fully immune boss mobs generally aren't worth killing as a sorc in Belzebub in hell or torment difficulty, just because of the amount of time it takes to kill them. In normal D1, hp caps were much lower so stoning and beating on enemies was a viable option, but I'm not going to sit there and beat on something together with a golem for 10 minutes in hopes of a decent drop.

My recommendation is to use your sorc to gear up other characters by destroying nightmare and upper hell difficulties. There is no easy mode hell/torment, but a well geared barb/fighter will probably be much easier than a sorc.
totalenigma

Post by totalenigma »

Thats why sorc needs a buff, i dont agree with 1 character to farm and rest to play just because they are made that way, thats false logic , i sould not get countered by the game with no way to respond to it.
Are there any tools that i can get to simply modify the game in to my liking ?
I think its better to do it this way, give ppl the tools and let them change stuff they like, just like Skyrim did it and it worked
TheLurker

Post by TheLurker »

The rest is shit Very Happy No offence.

Source: sorcerer lvl 53.
As a lvl 41 sorc currently on Hell dlvl 10, I agree.

There are a few unique bosses and quest bosses that are tough but other than that, no complaints.

Meteor Cluster on LMB and Chain Lightning on RMB will take care of 99% of non-unique monsters in Hell.
Sneeper

Post by Sneeper »

The rest is shit Very Happy No offence.
Agreed, lvl52 sorc here