Killing Hell Diablo with Barbarian

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
pocket951

Killing Hell Diablo with Barbarian

Post by pocket951 »

Hey,I am struggling to get by doomlord gam'ar with my level 38 Barbarian

I have breezed most of the way through hell until now with my super twinked out gear. I simply don't think I have enough DPS for gam'ar

is there any weapon pre fang of cerebrus that will do enough damage so that I do not get overwhelmed by adds?

I have also looked through all my gear and I am having trouble finding good gear with life steal

any gear suggestions/setups that work at level 38?
KataL

Post by KataL »

Backbreaker (barbed club unique) 1h mace
is a very interesting item to look at i think

its not as obvious in its strengths as some other items, but im sure you can clear even torment with it.
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Bloodslayer Axe for dmg and Lady Zenobia's Diadem for def against Gam'ar, after that you can switch the crown for something else. Jewelry with around 5% crit chance and below 30% crit dmg for a boost in dmg, also up to 6% leech and around +80 life should be more then enough for survivability. Resistances are not hard to get at least to 75% but you need around 100% normal resistance (not +max) on a Barbarian as long as you keep your Frenzy stacks up to still be at 75% resistances, main attack is Cleave but it benefits from the speed of Frenzy, plus a bit over 400 AC and a min of -20 DFE can help alot with those knights' charge and you'll also be immune to arrows from the summoned skeletons of the Necromancers. And i remember Trang'Oul set is very good overall at that level if you have it complete, i've used on the Assassin so for Barbarian should be even better. Also i must say you are a bit underleveled, you should be clvl 41 at Hell difficulty's end even if you haven't grinded or farmed at all.
pocket951

Post by pocket951 »

so I just scrounged around my rogue and shared stash and I found all the items you have suggested. most of these items require level 40 to 41. so i guess I have to grind?

with shaftstop I have 434 AC and -37 DFE and with stoneskin I have 637 AC.

my resistances are easily all at max

I have greyscull set coming up in a few levels to if that is any good.

I will try with a second life steal ring and I am currently using zakurimites cermonial knife.

I am debating using that to get frenzy up and then switching to chernobergs claw which has 9% life steal