General Questions Thread

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Well, for a crafted item you need oils and jewels, for another type of crafted item you need same oils again and other jewels. So it's normal to have more oils since all recipes use oils but not all jewels at the same time, plus the best recipes use 12 Azure and 4 Crimson, and you don't have too much anyway, i have several pages of oils and jewels on all my characters. Plus for getting silver oil you will need to craft something and salvage that craft, so they are needed. Anyway if you really want you can sell them to Griswold for a good price, but i feel it's better to just keep them for crafting cause you never have enough for getting that perfect craft, they can sit just fine anywhere in those 50 pages of stash.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

You can always upgrade inferior gems.

For the glut of azure, crimson, even gold oil.... you can always sell it and gamble away the earnings.
andronnik

Post by andronnik »

Fucking black mushroom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It makes me desperate...
uRa!
ROLpogo

Post by ROLpogo »

I think there is a bug. Several times I could not find the mushrooms had to restart the game.
Rogues:
- Jenny Marlo 60 lvl
- Roleen 60 lvl
- Roletta 60 lvl
Warrior: 50 lvl
Sorceror: 50 lvl
Necromancer: 50 lvl
Assassin: 47 lvl
Barbarian: 46 lvl
un86Rn

Post by un86Rn »

Yupp, confirmed, I had to restart the level as well once, after literally exploring every inch of it.
Sneeper

Post by Sneeper »

Those bastards are sometimes very hard to see :x
andronnik

Post by andronnik »

I thought I'm just blind, but perhaps it's a bug indeed. It's so annoying, especially on torment where the mobs' population density is higher than that of a gipsy camp.

And the dlvl 9 is soooo huge (it seems to me that it's bigger than all the other levels...?). Usually i found the shroom on the 2nd time, but now after restarting for the third time I still didn't find it yet :D
uRa!
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

It's not a bug, the problem is that "walls" in caves don't have transparency at all, and it can spawn..i don't know how to say it, hidden by the side of a wall, i mean you all know barrels can be not visible because of the wall, so that's what i'm trying to say, and on top of this the Mushroom Patch has a very small height (1/5 of a barrel) so you can easily miss it with moving your pointer cause you think you are hovering the pointer on the floor level by the side of one of these walls, but in fact you are above it.
andronnik

Post by andronnik »

I was doing some quests, and guess what....? :!:

ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED :shock:
uRa!
Sneeper

Post by Sneeper »

Are there any set items actually worth using? :?
andronnik

Post by andronnik »

I dunno about endgame sets, but early and mid-game sets seem to be very useful. The problem is only that you get full sets after a long time farming, so you can only efficiently use them by transferring them to you low lvl chars.

I lvl-ed my rogue with Arctic / Vidala / Iratha's set. Now she's clvl 47, and tbh i still use the Iratha Set due to the Piercing Attack, Knockback and Half Freeze duration :D
Last edited by andronnik on 12 Sep, 2016 22:23, edited 1 time in total.
uRa!
un86Rn

Post by un86Rn »

@andronnik
Бро расскажи лучше в деталях, как ты своей рогой-дурой хелльного Диблу убил. Что носил и какая стратегия. Ты до Тормента с 2100 дпс добрался? Расскажи, как мне играть ^^
andronnik

Post by andronnik »

Я написал тебе ЛС.
uRa!
Sneeper

Post by Sneeper »

Yeah i was talking about endgame

Btw do we know if MF over 200% actually does not matter or even reduces the chance of finding rares and uniques?

Oh and in the Belzebub 3.0 guide the weapons don't mention their attack speed :?:
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

Sets are really strong at the req level of their highest piece (when you can start wearing the full set) and all are a good choice up until 5 more character levels, and in a few some cases maybe up to 10 character level but after that there are better sets and generally stuff with which they can be replaced. Also in some cases a combination of some (not all) set pieces and uniq items can still be really good before you can wear the full set or for more then the usual 5 character levels.

As for MF i feel the chance is not reduced, but it seems it has diminishing returns for uniq/set items while magic/rare items seem to still receive progressive chance to roll and that can top the chance of rolling set/uniq items, so magic and rare become more common and white items rarely drop. Max MF i could reach was in the 500s and i had set/uniq drop often so it's not bad to get more MF, but it's best to focus on around 200 MF and better dmg to clear stuff easier.

Also character level seems to have a say in drops, some items don't drop if your character level is lower then the item level (which we don't know) even if you have whatever MF. But with higher monster power ($player command) you can get items that you shouldn't get at your character level from monsters that have a higher level than your player because of the command. So again i feel dmg is a better focus than higher MF since it helps you clear speed on the $player X you can farm comfortably and you have a better chance to get new items rather then the same set/uniq ones you got tens of times before.

And in docs i've put weapon speed (slow->fast) for all characters, just not the exact attack time but i could add this as well if i decide to release a new version, until then you can hover the pointer over the under dotted View Attack Speed text to see the speed.