Rogue gameplay discussion

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
ROLpogo

Post by ROLpogo »

Arrow with fire damage is only good against mobs at the normal and nightmare level.
On Torment it is only useful for highlighting arrows.
Rogues:
- Jenny Marlo 60 lvl
- Roleen 60 lvl
- Roletta 60 lvl
Warrior: 50 lvl
Sorceror: 50 lvl
Necromancer: 50 lvl
Assassin: 47 lvl
Barbarian: 46 lvl
andronnik

Post by andronnik »

lol, you should be worried to find Heartseeker first. It's not that easy :P

ты че сразу не сказал что ты свой? 8)
uRa!
un86Rn

Post by un86Rn »

Ну блин приплыли; классика жанра. Картина маслом. Сидят нагибаторы. All hail Molvania, the space race. Дали им игрушки такие и сякие, не хочу, хочу нагибать в олдфажном винраре, в любимой дибле, у меня в крови это. Особенная стать.
Загадочная русская душа, что тут, что в покере, что на форексе. ^^

Ohh I'm badly overgeared for Hell, basically with the MW (2400 DPS now) the quest bosses are even easier than in Nightmare. The dreaded Steel Lord went down in a minute; so did Brutallus and now I'm going to come get my revenge on the Risen Hero.
andronnik

Post by andronnik »

lol, you really are. Especially since it's your first char! I think i should undress my Iratha's Set now and try something else that i got in my stash. I'm lvl 44 on Torment, and with Heartseeker my DPS is 2475, with Magewrath it's only 1870, lol.

PS: Да да. Русские не сдаются! ^^
uRa!
un86Rn

Post by un86Rn »

This isn't even funny.

Image[/img]
un86Rn

Post by un86Rn »

So far the most precious item I have found:
andronnik

Post by andronnik »

pretty good, pretty good
uRa!
un86Rn

Post by un86Rn »

Hell Terror Domain is absolutely extreme. I didn't expect that sort of resistance. Gam'ar spawns a truckload of Terrorfiends. Necromances, if unengaged, summon vast armies of skeletal archers. My default 380 HP are not enough and I am forced to equip Shaftstop (makes the archers do like zero damage).

My DPS falls to 1700 (yes, rattlecage always seems to give a 33% dps increase) and this is not enough to stunlock Gam'ar and I am afraid that if one of the death knights spawns either behemoth of haste I'll have to either outmicro him or restart. Gam'ar spawns such hordes that this is a one-try performance, if you die, you start a new game.

Lack of a good Life leech makes this much harder as with Gam'ar I simply run out of rej and health and I'll have to dedicate 3 not 2 rows to HP/rej pots. But basically to feel comfy one must be able to leech off Terrorfiends perfectly, then the issue becomes less extreme.
un86Rn

Post by un86Rn »

ROLpogo, tell me, how did you manage to get a level 14 Golem spell? Did you buy the needed books and read then before finishing the Golem quest? Lvl 14-1, when you substract 4, lvl 9, and that's 342 magic to learn ^^
sergio_cannabis

Post by sergio_cannabis »

there is a staff which is called rod of onan. gives +7 to golem and from there on it is easy even with a rogue to reach golem lvl 14+
andronnik

Post by andronnik »

no, he has a pure lvl 15 golem. with Rod of Onan +7 it would even be lvl 22.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-O0-S1Y4X8
uRa!
un86Rn

Post by un86Rn »

Yes but if you look at his youtube video you can see that with the Rod of Onan his Golem spell level is a whopping 21! So it seems he did indeed muster a lot of book reading equipment and reached maybe 320+ MAG. Normally one gets Golem level 14 at somewhere around 708 MAG.
sergio_cannabis

Post by sergio_cannabis »

u should leave out the +golem quests on all difficulties until you can't read any more books. i think thats how he reached the high golem slvl.

like this you only have to read books until slvl 11. after that do the quests on all difficulties and you reach slvl 15.
Miso_Niz

Post by Miso_Niz »

@sergio_cannabis
you are right, + golem and guardian level rewards (chamber of bone/arcane sanctuary) don't require character's magic.
so, how to get max golem/guardian levels is below.

1.get 11level golem/guardian without chamber/arcane
*dont solve (activate) chamber/arcane quest on each difficult.
*it maybe require some high +magic gears at least (spellweaver/arch-mage craft etc).

2.activate and do both quests after get 11level guardian and golem.

i could reach lv15 guardian/golem on rogue/warrior/barbarian in this way.
un86Rn

Post by un86Rn »

I am afraid I screwed up my Rogue. Since this is my first char, I was naive and invested in STR thinking that I'll need it for bows and good armor and besides STR offers quite some damage as well, maybe less than DEX but still some. I even invested maybe 15 or 20 points into VIT and MAG, which is a complete waste.

And now I find out that the Sightless Eye bonuses depend on Dexterity. That adding some 60-70 points into Dex would not only boost my overall DPS, but also grant MUCH bigger SE bonuses, we're talking about a 30-40% increase. And it is precisely this 30% that is critical in stunlocking the worse bosses out there. You either do stunlock or you don't, and in the latter case game becomes MUCH harder, obviously, with endless tedious kiting, with restarts upon seeing Haste death knights and so on.

Pump everything into Dex, that's what I've learned. And now I'd like to alter my char, but this would not be legit, so I think in my heart. And now I am an unhappy character owner :(

And the same applies to the Golem skill. I cannot stress now much the little things about the Golem count. Just a tad bit more AC here and resist there - and it is twice or three times as durable. Go for the 342 MAG threshold and only then do the quests.