Last level on normal mode question

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Shaftell

Last level on normal mode question

Post by Shaftell »

So I'm doing the Terrors domain level and I read that I have an hour to clear that level and defeat Diablo. Does this also apply to normal level difficulty
? Because the first time I tried,I got destroyed by the random enemies. I restarted the game in the hopes of getting an easier combination of enemies.
I managed to clear the enemies out but that took me almost an hour to do! And I'm not talking about the bosses that show up when you stand on the pedestals. So do I just suck? I should add I'm only level 28.

Oh and just one more question. Do I need the map of stars in my inventory when I go to Terrors Domain?

Thanks a lot for the help!
DacianDraco

Post by DacianDraco »

The 1h timer is the same across all difficulties, and it starts running when you enter Terror's Domain on each game, the map item doesn't really matter, it just shows the time passing by the stars moving. And you should be clvl 27 so you are not underleveled, but it doesn't hurt to get some more lvls if you feel you need to. And you can skip clearing the S room where Diablo will spawn, cause once he appears all monsters in that room are killed by him. I go W, E and N while clearing the rooms of regular monsters and then unleash his generals and go backwards trough E, W and S room to fight Diablo, i think it's faster this way. You can also agro monsters you don't want to deal with and take them in the S room and Warp to stairway, anything there will be killed once Diablo spawns, but you won't get xp or any drops from them.
Shaftell

Post by Shaftell »

Thank you for replying.

I still have to clear the area near the pedestals where it releases the first boss in that level right? All the enemies get cleared only when Diablo shows?

Also, what's the best level to farm?

Thanks a lot for your help, I really appreciate it!
DiabloHIMSELF

Post by DiabloHIMSELF »

I know how hard you got it because I played with my barbarian with lvl 28 and needed about 3 try's.First tip is level yourself up by doing some cave or hell runs on £player 10.you can farm for the items Lazarus or you go with a good magic find bonus to the lost treasure, but its only effective with teleporting skill.You can also try champer of bones chest but you gain only on normal uniques >6lvl which doesn t help you much. And you can also use the quest items so for example the aruzuwarth(unique overleveled quest wappon, helpuly).For the timer if you need more than a hour,I guess he grows stronger or maybe he is invulable I am not sure about that dude cause I was every time faster than one hour.When Diablo will released out his room all enemies on the terror domain will killed automaticly, which is insanly good cause you can skip the enemies byside diablos room.but the nagative aspect is that you gain no exp for them.And you have to kill the first boss at the first room.At all you must kill the 3.bosses I guess without Diablo will not spwan ...i am not sure if it works without killing the guardiens aka the bosses by rotating through the level ...i ever killed them ... And there's one tip which don can better explain than me ...the trick how to kill diablo
>>Call me just Ben<< ... TY for this mod!
----------------------------------------------------------
"Stay awhile and listen!"
pocket951

Post by pocket951 »

I killed him at level 26 on my barbarian..of course I was twinked out with gear that I found on my 60 rogue and he had Ignore target defense so it was relatively straightforward and easy