This and that

Discussion/Suggestions regarding the Awake Mod
Ychiju

This and that

Post by Ychiju »

Just a few things I noticed,

- Arkaine's Valor is supposed to have built-in infravision, but it doesn't work.
- One bow type is actually called "Pimaeval Bow". Shouldn't it be "Primeval Bow"?
- And I think "Demons Knuckle" should be called "Demon's Knuckle".
- With the new patch, few of my staves (the quarter staves) turned into superman suits, but still I can't fly. :shock: Apart from that I noticed that I have super powers, but they don't seem to be related to the suit.
ku6a

Post by ku6a »

drop all items from stash and inventory on ground in city...go to lv 1..then go back to the city :)
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

Hi Ychiju
1.Arkaine's Valor - I think You found this item in Awake v6.3x
2. Hmm... I think Primaeval = Primeval
3. Yes Demon's Knuckle
4.As the items Demons Hand, Staff of Blackness, Mindcry, Dusk Shield has been removed from the game, in the newer version of the mod they will transform into another item or will become broken.

Superman's Suit - this is my joke in Awake :) Hmm...Are you from Krypton? If not ,You can't fly :P
Give me the stats of supermans suit please
drop all items from stash and inventory on ground in city...go to lv 1..then go back to the city Smile
"Tristram City" :twisted:
I think that the trick does not work in Single Player mode.
Ychiju

Post by Ychiju »

Hey,
I tried the "trick" like you told me, but nothing happened, except that the chest started to talk to me (or was it someone who hid in the chest, I don't know) - anyway, the chest talked to me in multiple languages, but I told it to shut up, because, as a hero, I feel it is inappropriate to ever listen to the advices of chests, barrels or staked bodies!

2. The bow is nevertheless written "Pimaeval Bow", not "Primaeval Bow".

Regarding the suit.. I thought about something like this:

Superman's Suit
Infinite apocalypse charges
Infinite phasing charges
Built-in permanent auto-casting of both spells
Set cast delay to zero
Set cast speed to zero
Unique picture
:)

And hey, I have a question: is it possible to also play the normal Diablo on your server?
[E: Okay, I've found a thread about this topic. I see that mixing different versions won't work, but I'm asking for a special reason. At the moment, there is an ironman tournament going on, and since both Bnet and Hamachi are lagging as hell, I was wondering whether it would be possible to do an ironman on your server (assumed that the lag is less there)]
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

Hey
I tried the "trick" like you told me, but nothing happened, except that the chest started to talk to me (or was it someone who hid in the chest, I don't know) - anyway, the chest talked to me in multiple languages, but I told it to shut up, because, as a hero, I feel it is inappropriate to ever listen to the advices of chests, barrels or staked bodies!
I think that it was Gillian that hid in your chest :wink:
2. The bow is nevertheless written "Pimaeval Bow", not "Primaeval Bow".
Ohh my mistake :|
Superman's Suit
Infinite apocalypse charges
Infinite phasing charges
Built-in permanent auto-casting of both spells
Set cast delay to zero
Set cast speed to zero
Unique picture
Very balanced item :mrgreen:
And hey, I have a question: is it possible to also play the normal Diablo on your server?
[E: Okay, I've found a thread about this topic. I see that mixing different versions won't work, but I'm asking for a special reason. At the moment, there is an ironman tournament going on, and since both Bnet and Hamachi are lagging as hell, I was wondering whether it would be possible to do an ironman on your server (assumed that the lag is less there)]
I didnt notice any big difference between europe.battle.net and Awake Battle.net. In the Awake, I have a bit smaller ping. As for the IM tournament on the awake server, it is possible, although it would be better if you would test it before in terms of lags and check if what difference do you feel in comparison to europe.battle.net
Ychiju

Post by Ychiju »

Alright, but how do I test that? I have to add the gateway in the registry or something?
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

You can play in Awake Mod :P
Ychiju

Post by Ychiju »

Oh, that must've been a misunderstanding. :?
The tournament is for classic Diablo: Link.
So, what I need to know is whether there is a chance to play classic Diablo on this server.
Patogen

Post by Patogen »

Why do you want to play classic diablo on awake server? Is battle.net that bad? :D
Ychiju

Post by Ychiju »

Oh yes, sometimes Battle.net can be very nasty. Imagine you are playing Ironman, and monsters start teleporting around and so on. And Hamachi isn't better.
Lag can ruin the whole game! That's why I'm trying to find a solution which minimizes the lag.
Patogen

Post by Patogen »

Heheh, diablo netcode is very bugged and game will lag, I dont know any way to avoid it. It do not depends from server or connection. Even if you have 10Mbit it works like 56k ;p Its pointless to search other server imho couse BN is fastest and most stable diablo server.
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

Patogen is right, the best and the most stable server is the orginal BN. There are also lags on Awake server, which show themselves as monster "teleport". But it has no real affect on cooperative gameplay

On this movie from Awake mod you can see "jumping" of Diablo Clone caused by lags http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFNwi2aObM0