A couple suggestions you might find worth the time to read

Discussion/Suggestions regarding the Awake Mod
VampireKiller

A couple suggestions you might find worth the time to read

Post by VampireKiller »

Great mod you have here, Noktis. I congratulate you for making such :D

Now, a couple suggestions that you might find interesting, if it hasn't been said already:

I recently came over to Awakening from another well known mod, The Hell, and I was wondering if we could implement a little something from there. I was wondering....

1. Maybe implement a challenging feature of certain enemies to drain approximately 25% of your current mana upon landing a hit on you, to bring a little challenge to those of Sorcerers?

AND/OR

2. Perhaps making some, if not all, of the long lost quests that were scrapped by Blizzard in the end activated and brought back in Awakening?
There's so much content missing because of those, that I think bringing some of them back here might add to the fun here.

These are my suggestions. I'm sure you'll need to do beta testing a bunch to ensure that they work properly, but once they're in place, the game feels a little more fun and/or in balance. I wholeheartedly understand if you cannot implement one or both, as modding sounds like a whole lot of work.

That being said, wishing the best for this mod, its definitely holding good promise in my eyes, perhaps more than The Hell itself :)

EDIT : Before I forget *again*, does the Awakening dispose of this bug as of now?:

SWING SPEED

The suffix "of Haste" is supposed to be faster than "of Speed," but they both produce the same swing speed as they eliminate the same number of animation frames on an attack. Blizzard incorrectly claims this was fixed in the 1.07 patch.

The suffix "of readiness" (designed to drop one frame of animation) is useless.

If not, then are we looking at a possible fix for that in a future patch?
Noktis
Site Admin

Post by Noktis »

Thanks for your suggestions.
Ive put many references to removed quests and stories from Diablo in Awakening. For example Andariel quest, few bosses and items like shadowfang, lightforce etc.

Im preparing few interesting changes (not new quests), but i need to find time and will to do it.
Zeb

Post by Zeb »

A change I would like to see is that they make it so that space bar doesn't get rid of the map if there is another window open. I hit space bar to close character window, inventory, ect. and then it closes the map on me too. Not really that big a deal but it does get kinda annoying after a while.
gruia

Post by gruia »

I feel there are too many demons.

Holy bolt is much unusable through out the game (

Every spell should be rewarding when leveling up.

I think you could bump up the numbers for the first level spells, so if a man wants to max it, it will be sickly efficient.

remove scrolls for damage spells. they seem so pointless

there are no shrines in caves , add smtg
Obishedo

Post by Obishedo »

gruia wrote:
Holy bolt is much unusable through out the game (
Holy bolt is great spell, because kill all undead!