6.9b - "Shrine Help" interface issue?

Discussion/Suggestions regarding the Awake Mod
joy_collision

6.9b - "Shrine Help" interface issue?

Post by joy_collision »

Hi everyone. I'm new to the mod, so first off thank you so much to the author for creating this. I love the music being combined with D2 really creative.

My problem is when I start a new character, there's a shrine interface help file that displays and I can't seem to get it to go away. Here's what it looks like:

https://imgur.com/oRTcpVW

I can't seem to find a help file and the FAQ site is still under construction. I tried keyboard shortcuts to see if it toggles the help file. I've clicked the minimize and exit buttons and even tried the F1-F12 keys. Nothing will make this window go away in the User Interface. Any ideas? Thanks for the help in advance.
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Welcome to the forums!
At first blush it appears you've installed the mod without having the 1.09 patch that is going to be necessary to have full functionality. I haven't tried any of the patches in this post but they are legit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comment ... troducing/

If I may, though, Awaken is quite buggy compared to either the Belzebub and Tchernobog mods, both of which are available from this site. That's where a large amount of the improvements have gone over the past several years, and the Awaken mod, while awesome, will always struggle with newer hardware. The Belzebub mod introduces new previously unreleased quests and is centered on an epic single-player experience; Tchernobog doesn't have the quests yet but is fully optimized for multi-player capabilities. Both feature new higher-tier resolution settings, new classes, items, spells, and too much to list here. I'd definitely recommend you give either one a try instead.
Butcher's Brains Collected: 10
Izual's Brains Collected: 1
Smith's Brains Collected: 2
Andariel's Brains Collected: 1
joy_collision

Post by joy_collision »

@Wendigo - Thank you so much for the clarification, I had no idea that Belzebub and Tchernobog were superior editions to Awake. I'll read up on Belzebub and give that a go!