The Fail Thread

Offtopic
Wendigo

The Fail Thread

Post by Wendigo »

So I've been playing this Assassin for about four days now, trying to grind into a decent bow on Normal and not finding one. I guess in frustration I finally gave up, handed her a nice-looking mace and a shield and strode boldly into level 9. I was there for about twelve seconds before one of those big winged skeletons took two swipes at me and she was dead before I could get my finger to the hotkey. What makes it even funnier is that it was one of those Possessed guys and I was just warned about them on this very forum not two days ago.
Resquiat in Pace, Boberta the First

Also, an official hardcore mode would be nice but I don't want to drag that too far into an unrelated thread. I was truly tempted to break my own promise there for a second.
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

Hm, I think for Hardcore game needs quite a bit tuning because it ramps up in difficulty unpredictably fast. I don't know if the game is HC viable right now :D

RIP tho

PS I highly recommend taking Sorcerer, Necromancer, Barbarian or Warrior on first playthrough. Rogue isn't made for it and needs really good weapon and crafted items to level up, and Assassin is worse hybrid of everything.
Diablo HD is the best mod ever. Still waiting for Tchernobug fixes...
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Oh, I don't know. The nice thing for a HC run is that each level is roughly defined for you and repopulates every time you want it to, so if you're not feeling comfortable on a given level you can just go back up the stairs and grind a little more on something safer. Sure, it's not entirely safe but as far as I've experienced (aside from the story above) it's a nice blend of grueling monotony as I grind out the same level for the millionth time and heart-stopping terror when I do something silly... which is why I do love HC mode just so, so much. :lol:
But yeah, I know. Part of the reason I wanted to hardcore an assassin was so that I wouldn't be stuck with them for long. :wink:

Also if you don't mind me saying you are like the super-nicest person I've ever seen. This forum's lucky to have such a dedicated welcomer.
Miacis

Post by Miacis »

Thanks for your kind words, it is natural for me to help newcomers. I like the game a lot and I want as many people as possible to try it out and have good experience with it. There's a mildly egoistic reason for that: if community grows real big, there is a chance that someone decides to finish the mod (as its development is currently on-hold), fix the bugs etc. Game is pretty cool despite its flaws, one can only imagine how great would it be with some stuff fixed.
Diablo HD is the best mod ever. Still waiting for Tchernobug fixes...
Wendigo

Post by Wendigo »

Yes, me too. My background is in sprite-work and animation, so it interests me greatly to see a popular mod like this. I figure if nothing else, putting "added jiggle physics to a mod of a game everyone's heard of" can't be bad for the resume. :twisted: Even if that never happens any improvements on what is already an amazing re-release of a game I've loved for most of my life can't be a bad thing.
ander357

Post by ander357 »

My first character was a barb. Just find a fastest attack weapon and a shield and youre good to go
Check out "Diablo The Hell" also an awesome mod!