How to properly skip golem and guardian quests?

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
HEX0

How to properly skip golem and guardian quests?

Post by HEX0 »

Hello,

I am a bit of a completionist and I remade a new Assassin character with the intention to skip 2 quests that reward guardian and golem spell level:

https://mod.diablo.noktis.pl/quests
Chamber of Bone

Start: Enter Catacombs Level 6, search for a small square enclosure with a nearby stand that holds the Mythical Book, and read it.
Task: Take a newly opened path to The Chamber of Bone, here a horned demon, Ormlos the Impaler guards a tome in the last room.
End: When The Ancient Tome is read.

Reward
- +1 level Guardian Spell (Normal/Nightmare/Hell/Torment Difficulty)

Horazon's Sanctum

Start: Enter Catacombs Level 8, search for 3 Spell Tomes to read in order (N/E/W) so a path opens up, and read the Arcane Tome.
Task: Use the telepad above the Arcane Tome to reach Horazon's Sanctum, here at the end of a path you find 2 adjacent rooms, one has the Creature of Flame Tome and if you read it you can face an elemental, and the other room has a Tome of Knowledge and a mage you can face, Cibinensis the Charlatan. At the end of the other path you'll find Horazon's Journal and an entrance into The Pit where you can face Doomlock. Then use another telepad to go back up to Horazon's Sanctum, read a Book of Names that's near a circle of binding to free Grimspike and face him. Upon his defeat The Summoner appears, and if you touch him he becomes hostile and you can face him.
End: When The Summoner is defeated.

Reward
- (If you follow the order and defeat The Summoner last) +1 level Golem Spell
(Normal/Nightmare/Hell/Torment Difficulty)

Now on level 6 normal difficulty I accidentally read Mythical Book which started "Chamber of Bone" quest. I am wondering if I need to start over. Let's say I complete the game on Normal difficulty with the quest started but not completed. Will the game let me complete the quest later if I beat Nightmare and decide to do the quest on Normal again. Should I have ignored it and not started it. Should both quests be started but left uncompleted (not entering the chamber of bone and never entering the sanctum)?

The intention is to get golem and guardian as high as possible late game with magic level boosting gear and read the books until it's impossible to read any more then complete both quests to get +4 spell level rewards.

Also is there anything else to know for a completionist about this mod? Maybe there more content to skip until end game that I'm not aware of? I'd hate to redo it all over again if I reach Hell difficulty and find out I missed out on some other character strategy :P
Ugily

Re: How to properly skip golem and guardian quests?

Post by Ugily »

You are fine on saving this quest for later. You can go into Chamber of Bone level and do some carnage, just don't read the book. Come back to it later.

With travel in the astral realm, just avoid the two final quest areas until you max out your spell level with items, potion, and shrines.

Do these quests once you max out spell levels and reach Torment, then you can go back and get the bonus spell levels.
HEX0

Post by HEX0 »

Ugily wrote: 16 Oct, 2021 16:40 You are fine on saving this quest for later. You can go into Chamber of Bone level and do some carnage, just don't read the book. Come back to it later.

With travel in the astral realm, just avoid the two final quest areas until you max out your spell level with items, potion, and shrines.

Do these quests once you max out spell levels and reach Torment, then you can go back and get the bonus spell levels.
Thank you.

Regarding shrines, I assume there are shrines that temporarily boost magic in Belzebub to some amount? In vanilla Diablo "Eerie Shrine" shrine gives permament +2 magic. But I'm not sure if there are any shrines that change attributes permanently in this mod?
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Stack EERIE (+Mag) and SHRINE OF TEARS (Swap two random stats and hope you get lucky with Mag)
Keep a set of equipment that gives maximum Mag. Spellreaver crafts may be the highest bonus gear other than some Unique robes.
Vizjerei

Post by Vizjerei »

Hello!
I’ve got question regarding maxing up guardian and golem spell lvls with quests.
Can I go past lvl 15 threshold with those quests? I mean, getting spells to lvl 15 with books than completing quests on all difficulty levels? In result getting those to lvl 19 with just books + quests.
Or is lvl 15 still max lvl for spells even with those quests? So there is no reason to go beyond lvl 11 with books, and after reaching lvl 11 I should just finish quests to get lvl 15.

PS. I know that this topic has 8 years now but this mod makes game very enjoyable even in 2023 ^^’ Hope someone will answer ;D
qndel
Global Mod

Post by qndel »

Max lvl for learned spells is 15 in all cases
Vizjerei

Post by Vizjerei »

qndel wrote: 07 Apr, 2023 11:27 Max lvl for learned spells is 15 in all cases
Thx! Great to know, time to get those noice spells maxed <3
Whin1951

Post by Whin1951 »

Vizjerei wrote: 08 Apr, 2023 0:27
qndel wrote: 07 Apr, 2023 11:27 Max lvl for learned spells is 15 in all casesfnaf games
Thx! Great to know, time to get those noice spells maxed <3
Does it work?
EmoryHuel

Post by EmoryHuel »

I don't think it's working properly yet.getting over it