Stunlock

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Kokushi

Stunlock

Post by Kokushi »

Can anyone please explain how to avoid getting stunlocked by acid spitter boss mobs?
It's ridiculous having mobs that spits acid so fast you can't even move or try to get away, and i'm only on normal difficulty :cry:
Ugily

Re: Stunlock

Post by Ugily »

Items that have Hit Recovery bonuses.
Kokushi

Post by Kokushi »

Ugily wrote: 22 Feb, 2021 17:52 Items that have Hit Recovery bonuses.
Thank you! Will try this and hope it helps :D
Baalslayer

Post by Baalslayer »

Poison enchanted bosses destroy me every time. Usually, I can't see the acid balls hitting my Sorc underneath my Chain Lightning. Once it starts, there's no way of getting out, lol.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Use your Golem minion to keep the enemy off your back. Cast in the middle of the pack of spitters and recast as soon as necessary.

Work the spitters down with area effect spells from a distance. Keep teleport handy to make an escape to a protected area.
YbeRn00b

Post by YbeRn00b »

Hitting/casting (dependent on char) might be faster than moving. So sometimes you chug potions like crazy and hope they die first.
For harder bosses, this might not be an option, and some classes more than others need some distance.
Also: enchanted bosses spawn magic effects like poison and lightning whenever they take damage. So like mentioned, things like chain lightning that deals damage in many small ticks might be dangerous to use. You might even be worse off from some items with "on hit/struck" effects because of this looping into more damage ticks on the boss and more damage to you (eg if you spawn a frozen orb).
Reposition and be careful about applying damage too fast.