some tips for rogue on terror domain nightmare

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
LuchoX222

some tips for rogue on terror domain nightmare

Post by LuchoX222 »

well my rogue is lvl 35 i have the bow of the dead, my resistances are on 75% except fire on 56%. I have serious problems to beat the bosses, I do not know what I'm doing wrong I try to teleport far to attack but they are very fast
Ugily

Re: some tips for rogue on terror domain nightmare

Post by Ugily »

Upgrade Rare Weapon Bow of the Dead to tier 2 Rune Bow
you will need to be level 19 with STR 104 and DEX 207

On your second weapon, have a Staff with Golem charges. Hopefully you can find one that has extra charges. Always keep your Golem as a distraction for your enemies.

Keep DEX MAG and VIT potions up.

Use Skills to hit multiple ememies and penetrate.

You may have a running battle but keep your golem up.
LuchoX222

Post by LuchoX222 »

Hi, thanks for the help. I managed to beat everyone except Diablo. I'm going to try updating the rare bow, what happens if I update it? Does something better always come up? Can I pass upgraded items through the shared chest? I ask this last because the recipe is in my mage level 46.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Bow of the Dead is a Unique. When using the Crafting formula, it will upgrade to a Rune bow - a second tier bow. It will have more damage, but all of the other stats will remain the same. The requirements usually are increased for second tier items.
LuchoX222

Post by LuchoX222 »

i dont have the recipe for upgrade unique weapons, where can i find it?
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Defeat enemies and hope you get a scroll to drop.

If I find one, I will PM you a stash file with some extra crafting scrolls including Upgrade Unique.

It is a very rare scroll to drop.

Update Set and Update Unique can be a game changer.
LuchoX222

Post by LuchoX222 »

update set works on amulets? i try on iratha amulet but it doesn't work
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Although there are several different levels of amulets and rings, there is only one tier of amulets and rings. Thus no upgrade.

Different tiers of jewelry would be a good feature to add into the game. This would have to place a base fix on a ring though that upscaled when second tier is placed on it. Probably out of the scope of possibilities of this D1 mod engine, but sockets would be one way. A base fix would be something like AC or something.

Tiers of jewelry would be a whole new dynamic for equipment.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Lucho - sent you a pm
LuchoX222

Post by LuchoX222 »

I have two questions to ask you. I am with my archer in hell mode and those who attack from a distance complicate my life, what equipment should I have to progress more easily? I have the hearthseeker you gave me so I guess the lack is armor.

The second question ... How can I get 300% magic find? I am currently around 230% with my magician. Anything specific that I can craft to have 300% MF?
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

The distance attacks from enemy archers is almost impossible to avoid. It becomes a slug fest from a distance. Many times, skeletons and demons will stay stationary and attack as mobs until you move out of visual range and they will move to follow you. If you can get them from around the corner with sightless eye attack and penetration you can thin them out. Best way is to use your golem as a distraction. On your secondary weapon, equip a staff with golem. Drop golem into the enemy ranks and move into target them. When golem dies, quickly switch to the staff and summon another rock buddy.

To get higher magic find, you just have to stack MF items. With MF, you will not have the best combat gear. I don't really worry about MF on my melee characters or rogue. On Necro, you can equip some good MF gear and just keep your minions to do the dirty work while you pick up loot.

Crafting again does not affect amulets or rings whether normal, set, magic, or unique as there in currently only one tier of either ring or amulet. I doubt there is an easy programming way to create two tiers for those items. I believe that should be done though, but there would have to be some base level affixes on them to make it work. I would also like to see a crafting formula that will convert amulet to ring and vice versa.

A issue with amulets other than some unique or set IMO is that magic and rare amulets do not drop with mana or life leach and some other affixes.

A nice addition would be for a third tier of items, some of which already exist in some form but do not drop or sell as normal items that can be used in crafting. Crossbow, hand crossbow, siege crossbow, corona, dread helm, artifact, claw... maybe others

My advise is to get through Hell as quickly as possible and play in Torment.
LuchoX222

Post by LuchoX222 »

The one with 230% MF is my magician, I would like to reach 300% because I read here that it makes a difference. I'm farming LT (Torment), I'm level 45.

I also read that going up to 46 makes a pretty big difference from 45. i read that here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2298
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

I will look at a Rogue equipment configuration for MF. I am pretty sure that it could work for Hell, but would be fairly a death trap for the character in Torment.

My advise remains to get to Torment and forget about the easy levels. Very few items will be useful by the time you get into Torment.

However, if you are like many players and are collecting items, then you are pretty proficient in Torment you can fall back to Hell with good MF gear and complete the collections of medium level equipment.
LuchoX222

Post by LuchoX222 »

I don't want to collect objects. I aspire to achieve an achievement like the one in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cES9tPr4EM, to win the game in torment with my magician.

To do this I need several high-level items and I want to farm that.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

I see. Rogue excels at clearing levels, but isn't a great choice for farming. I was able to piece together 262 MF Rogue last night and could barely stay alive on Hell Terror Domain using difficulty 10. On clearing the first chamber, all I was able to retrieve was a rare fairly crappy staff and a bad roll Celestial Flail. Restarted in Torment and had a lot of difficulty even clearing Cathedral on difficulty 0. So, I give up on using Rogue for farming.

For Mage and Necromancer, find a Skull Collector staff that will boost your MF. Let minions or area of effect spells fall your enemies.