Sorceror on Torment

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
D1sfigur3d

Sorceror on Torment

Post by D1sfigur3d »

Returned to my lvl 49 sorc.
Currently struggling through Torment dlvl 14. Equipped cold penetration gear: belials, prismatic band, snowclash and a rare -24% staff, all reducing cold resistance -51% totally. And u know what, i still cant kill cold immune mobs with my maxed out blizzard spell unless elemental drain is active. But i cant be using it permanently and clear the area like this. How am i supposed to move forward?
Dont say i should go for meteor cluster and its physical damage, already tried that and it was too boring as it takes forever to kill mobs this way.
Fuzedknight

Re: Sorceror on Torment

Post by Fuzedknight »

Just decided to start playing again on a Sorc, is it confirmed then that it is totally impossible to break the torment resistances without Elemental Drain? I thought maybe farming up two Prismatic Bands and a Spire of Aranoch (-54% total with perfect rolls) would be enough to bypass enemy fire resistances but this sounds like it's not the case. Can anyone with the gear confirm? As for OP all I can really suggest is trying to get another Prismatic Band or get better rolls on the gear you have already? Would be kind of lame to discover that there is no actual way to complete the game outside of spamming insanely low damage fire-physical skills like apoc/meteor.
D1sfigur3d

Post by D1sfigur3d »

Currently have -56% cold res penetration and it doesn’t work against cold immune mobs. Geared with belial (-12%), snowclash (-10%), prismatic (-5%), -29% staff. The only way to further increase it is to find perfect belial (+3%), perfect -30% deaths fathom and perfect -20% viz offhand, which altogether would bring addtitional -24% penetration. So that the total number would equal -80%. Would -56% and -80% make a real difference on Torment? I don’t know, that’s a matter of practice. I’m not able to test that out as for me death fathom is yet to be found. My viz offhand is also not a perfect roll with only -16%.
page

Post by page »

In my experience so far (soc lvl 55), every mob has at least one immunity type that can be broken without elemental drain.
Unfortunately those can be different from game to game, but there are some probabilities.

For Terror Domain for the knights and the necros, that is usally fire, sometimes lightning, for the summons that so far has always been cold first and fire second (takes for ever with fire though).
Most of the surrounding elites can be stoned and broken with magic and bone, otherwise either fire or cold has always worked.

For the mini bosses so far, it has always been:
The first demon and his minions on the upper left, primary is cold, secondary is fire.
The second, the knight, magic and fire.
Third, the necro, cold, possibly fire. Haven't tried others on him, since ice already kills him pretty quickly.
Diablo I usually break magic and once he is boned down, I drop a few guardians with elemental drain, no need to even swap staff so it is possible to use skull collector for mf (although, not sure if it is worth it ... drops are meh ...)

I.e. when you enter Terror Domain, a staff with high cold and fire usually does the trick. Keep a high mag staff with you to swap for downing elites and diablo.
Never needed lightning in Terror so far.
Zylphias

Post by Zylphias »

The immunity (150%++ resistance) that alot of uniques have is just awful game design. Beating Hell - Terror Domain was no fun for me and i nearly gave up. So many people havent even beaten the game on Normal cause the Terror Domain even on normal is a pain. So much work that has been done with this mod and still its extremely hard to beat it on NORMAL first time with other chars than sorc.

Good luck on beating it on Torment with Sorc! That will require alot of skill, patience and luck! You can get lucky with the uniques there. Some are much easier than others. Seems to be big difference in number of mobs also. Sometimes the 1st boss, 3rd boss and Diablo kinda bugs out and not spawning so many enemies. Diablo kinda get stuck sometimes also and you can stand right next to him and spam bone spirit constantly. However one time he got "stuck" he reset to full health again when at 1/4th health.