Big trouble with the Lost treasure cave run on Torment

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
D1sfigur3d

Big trouble with the Lost treasure cave run on Torment

Post by D1sfigur3d »

Lvl 49 barb. Torment. Lost treasure cave.
Look, the snakes spitting poison deal 120 of dmg per each spit and u know there are packs of them there. So how do u clear the area out with a melee character?? It’s crazy and feels so unbalanced. This is my first melee character who got so far and u know he been doing well most of the way through the game until now. Is it a common issue or is there something I’m just doing wrong?
Ugily

Re: Big trouble with the Lost treasure cave run on Torment

Post by Ugily »

Tactics. Try to antagonize a few with a bow to draw them out a few at a time and switch weapons around a corner to ambush. Try taking out 3-5 at a time. When cave wall collapses and releases a hive of serpents, teleport away and again draw a few out at a time. Bottlenecks are your advantage here.
D1sfigur3d

Post by D1sfigur3d »

Good.
And what about those snakes that won’t close with u for a melee attack? Especially the unique snake and the minions at the inner lake area?
Jarring

Post by Jarring »

yeah idk man.. hell LT serpents were relatively easy on an assassin because she could force them all to melee her instead of spitting the poison by Dragon Tailing in the middle of the pack..

On my warrior I had to skip them entirely there was just no way.. If I charged them I would get melted instantly.. I'm surprised you were able to get through them in Hell on Barbarian lol... he has an even slower cast rate than warrior right? and he can't even raise his magic? can he even use teleport? lol.. I suppose if you're careful with your teleports.. and try to get in the middle of all of them at once so they aren't spitting it might be ok.. i mean, that's what I think melee has to do anyways.. it's just much easier to avoid all the spits if you have FCR..

I suppose you could also just use a symbol of rathma + Zenobia's helm to raise ur magic resist to 95%.. or just one or the other if u got plenty of max all resist elsewhere with fanatics or whatever. Like.. I imagine if you get 95% magic resist then get enough flat damage reduction the majority of spits would probably do zero damage. the only ones that would dmg you would be elites.. flat damage reduction is amazing for poison/lightning enchant.

But if all you can do is run at them, you're probably gonna have a hard time either way, I'd just skip them on the warrior/barb if I were you. Assassin can probably do it but that's just cuz she has good cast rate as well as dragon flight.
D1sfigur3d

Post by D1sfigur3d »

Well,
Yes, he can tele..one time per full mana pool )) so its going to be a tough job skipping the snakes)
Magic resist wont affect the serpent poison here, seems it does for any other poison in the game but not this type. BTW my resists are all 90%.
D1sfigur3d

Post by D1sfigur3d »

Ugily wrote: 01 Oct, 2020 5:13 Tactics. Try to antagonize a few with a bow to draw them out a few at a time and switch weapons around a corner to ambush. Try taking out 3-5 at a time. When cave wall collapses and releases a hive of serpents, teleport away and again draw a few out at a time. Bottlenecks are your advantage here.
I did what u suggested and killed lots of them but anyway i had to teleport over the central cave area and skip the ranged attack serpents. The mages were piece of cake.