Best ITD melee weapon? Or how to max ur DPS

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
D1sfigur3d

Best ITD melee weapon? Or how to max ur DPS

Post by D1sfigur3d »

Lvl 48 barb, fighting torment hell levels. Currently choosing between fang of cerberus and viz sword. Fang together with fanatics belt give more DPS than viz together with viz belt, its 3300 vs 2400. U get extra 10% lifesteal with viz though. Is it worth it? Feel a little disappointed about the viz combination. Still on youtube videos u can see strong barbs/warriors with way higher DPS using such combination. Am i missing something? Definitely need to increase my crit chance as its only 64% now, that must be the weak point. Dont know how actually as im already using fanatics rings, belt and helm and conqueror armor 🤔 Been going all into STR plan.
Stats:
Str 525
Mag 43
Dex 249
Vit 76
532 hp, 3305 dps, 90% all resists, 749 armor, -15 DFE, 64% crit chance, 339% crit dmg, 304 attack time,6% lifesteal, 14% manasteal

Suggestions on ways to maximize my DPS are highly appreciated.
Ugily

Re: Best ITD melee weapon? Or how to max ur DPS

Post by Ugily »

For all melee and archers, increased weapon speed is critically important for stun locking. After that, mana and life leach to keep skills active or in the case of Barbarian to keep you alive when taking elemental hits. Critical hits are thirdly important and should try to find jewelry with those.

ITD is absolutely necessary for Torment weapons when going up against bosses.

There are a lot of sets and uniques that at first seem useful and mighty, especially in Hell difficulty. At Torment, only a few are useful.

If every complete set builds offered a bonus by character level to allow for higher difficulty, it would increase playability. Especially for To Hit, Crits, Damage, and maybe even defensive and spell effectiveness.

There should also be a few Unique Rings, Amulets, Armors, Helms, Shields, Belts that can stat with ITD so that non-ITD weapons can remain useful in Torment.
D1sfigur3d

Post by D1sfigur3d »

I think u have seen the video on YouTube by Miso Niz playin barbarian in Torment with over 12000 of DPS. And there is no elemental damage there, pure physical. How is that reachable? The trick is that he’s not showing his weapon in the video. Any guesses what is his combination?
My guess is the edge of brutallus due to his high overall crit chance. And yeah that’s Chernobog so he is okay with no ITD and a high to hit. That won’t work in Belzebub though but still.
And by the way, what about fang of Cerberus vs Viz sword? Tell me what u think
Jarring

Post by Jarring »

fang of cerberus does wonders on my warrior in combination with glory.. but i haven't trekked through all of torment yet.. only done the first few levels. taking a break on him atm.

tbh it seems like the only good 1-hander until 50.. other than zakarumite's

as for barb im not really sure.. I haven't played him yet.. i imagine Hammer of Jholm might be decent for lvling.. only lvl 24.. i'm not sure if it's an exceptional or not, but it might be upgradeable..? also i personally felt rattlecage is by far the best armor for any melee class as long as you can reach max phys resist with it.

idk about barbs but i figured 2-handers would be good on him??? maybe idk i figured out of all the classes.. 2 handers would be fastest on barbarian..

If you can upgrade Hammer of Jholm I imagine it would be one of the best for sure...especially considering the level requirement doesn't go up after upgrading.. but it's hard to tell, it very well could be exceptional already despite having kind of low dmg. It does seem to be pretty fast and it has ITD as well as % reduce physical resistances.

I imagine it goes like.. Maul and Great Maul are normal base items.. and then War Maul and Martle De Fer are the exceptional versions...so hopefully Hammer of Jholm upgrades into a Martle De Fer. it would be close to the same damage as Cranium Basher and instead of Crit/Crit dmg it will have IAS ITD and reduce phys resistances.

The Chieftan is also something to consider as it has both IAS and ITD on it as well, but you'd have to upgrade it. I think a good Hammer of Jholm would be a lot better..would just need to compare them side to side..

If you're set on 1-handers I think The Grandfather is the best one at late game. In fact, it actually probably gives more damage than any of the 2-handers. I have one myself but it has the lowest ias roll which is a major shame...Fang of Cerberus would most definitely be the best option until then.. As for Viz.. I have no clue.. it seems like it's a good set though... if i had the whole set I'd definitely use it on the asn and probably even a barb if i ever made one.. but idk if i'd use the sword by itself over fang of cerberus. maybe would depend on the rolls... if you have glory, fang of cerberus is just too good to combo with it.. Hell Diablo and the lower levels of torment were SUPER easy...and I imagine they are the best in slots for Warrior until 50, just didn't feel like finishing it just yet...that said if you wear a shield, you really need faster block rate if you want it to make a real difference, and until Stormshield at 50, Fang of Cerberus is the only real way to cover that. like.. 75% block chance means nothing if you don't have any faster block rate...you might as well just have only like.. 30-50% block chance.. IDK if Barbarians get stuck with a dmg nerf for putting on a shield like the assassin, but if he does... good luck trying to use any 1 handers.. smh.
Miso_Niz

Post by Miso_Niz »

Belzebub -> requires ITD in torment (almost mandatory)
Tchernobog -> no requires ITD in torment (requires for knights/barlog's unique with Behemoth)
means other weapons without ITD are viable in tchernobog's end-game.

and barb/warrior got buff (increased phytsical/add damage rate per STR) on tchernobog 0.1.0.
belzebub has no longer buff due to giving up development.

so belzebub chars cant reach tcherno's dps basically.

*dont think belze and tcherno are the same mechanisms, especially pth (prob to hit) on weapon attack.

- about Cerberus vs Viz
dont forget Viz's "reduces target resistances -X%",Cerberus doesnt have that.
("reduces target resistances -X%" reduces enemy's physical resist too)
Jarring

Post by Jarring »

Miso_Niz wrote: 02 Oct, 2020 11:46 Belzebub -> requires ITD in torment (almost mandatory)
Tchernobog -> no requires ITD in torment (requires for knights/barlog's unique with Behemoth)
means other weapons without ITD are viable in tchernobog's end-game.

and barb/warrior got buff (increased phytsical/add damage rate per STR) on tchernobog 0.1.0.
belzebub has no longer buff due to giving up development.

so belzebub chars cant reach tcherno's dps basically.

*dont think belze and tcherno are the same mechanisms, especially pth (prob to hit) on weapon attack.

- about Cerberus vs Viz
dont forget Viz's "reduces target resistances -X%",Cerberus doesnt have that.
("reduces target resistances -X%" reduces enemy's physical resist too)
I haven't tried tchernobog yet.. it's basically just a coop version right? i'm assuming you can only play coop by giving people your ip or whatever and there are no public games? Probably not enough people playing or whatever to be hosting public games.

so the warrior/barb got buffs, but what about the assassin? Mine's got it real bad, I can't be bothered to level up to use fang of cerberus knowing she has a damage penalty for wearing a shield.... she's 41 stuck in Hell floor 16. She can't even make it to any of the minibosses because of infinitely spawning skeletons...if she could equip Glory + Fang of Cerberus and not get hit with such a huge dmg penalty, it might be possible, but as it stands no freaking way.
I guess I could TRY using hte combo anyways, but I don't think she'd be able to clear the skeles fast enough lol. I mean Fang of Cerberus isn't really that huge of an upgrade from Zakarumite's after all. Its main appeal is the faster block rate it gives to shields.

BTW I was under the impression that Dexterity increased hit chance in Diablo... Does it not work like that in this mod? You'd think Amazons and Assassins wouldn't require ITD on their weapons unless they put a lot of their stat points into vit and str.
D1sfigur3d

Post by D1sfigur3d »

I finally hit clvl 50 on my barb. Have tried some high lvl items combinations. Currently testing the following set up:
Viz set
Fanatics rings
Giant skull
Rare +stats amu (best i got🤦‍♂️)

Character performance: 90% all res, dps 8000 (no elixirs) (+double swing in demon form =16000); 700 hp, 200 mana. The highest floating damage numbers i normally see on attack are 16000-17000. Crit chance is 60%. Crit dmg is 460%. The attack rate is super fast due to double swing, with frenzy the speed is just crazy, Torment Doomlord Gamar goes down in few seconds.
The weak point is 40% phys res. So the barb is sort of glass cannon when equipped like thus. Its hard to tank against huge packs of mobs, especially ranged attackers. Im thinking if its better to use Conquerors plate instead of viz armor. That would decrease dps to 7000 but will improve phys res. But full set also gives 100% damage bonus against almost any type of mob in the game +walk speed, max res, cannot be frozen. Its an ussue to think about.