weird assassin bugged? deaths//annoying

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Jarring

weird assassin bugged? deaths//annoying

Post by Jarring »

every time i die, i lose ALL of my gold from my inventory. I die once, and there will be gold scattered throughout the entire fucking map. What is that shit? It happens every time now.
I first started noticing it happening when I made the mistake of using Blade of Five Suns/Dragon's Breach. The absolute worst items. I mean, it's all good until I run into a lightning enchanted monster, which are EVERYWHERE... It's not something I could just.. life leech/potion/etc. If I hit them one time, I'd die instantly because 30 fucking guardians instantly spawning for the LE. The first time it happened, I had a death animation, heard her scream, and I saw my gold get tossed out, but I survived...? but not for long because I died again milliseconds later. and ever since then, ALL of my gold has dropped every time I die.

I'm gonna take a guess in that she's now corrupted, and there's no saving her. If I want to keeping playing her, I'll have to deal with this stupid shit. I mean, I guess I could just.. not die.
Actually, I have a work-around where I just stash my gold every time I go to town. Still a pain in the ass i mean.. picking up gold has become a real pain in the ass.

But yeah I don't like any of those chance on struck/striking items tbh... Had to put on a rare/worse shield just because it not having the chance on struck makes it better than any of the high lvl unique shields. Also screw Thunderlord's lol. I should have been using Zakarumite's the entire time. At least until Fang of the Cerberus...but IDK if I have the patience anymore with this corrupted save file. lvl 39, just reached floor 13 of Hell.
cruduxcruo

Re: weird assassin bugged? deaths//annoying

Post by cruduxcruo »

It's not only assassin bug, the same thing happens with barbarian while using frenzy.
Jarring

Post by Jarring »

cruduxcruo wrote: 08 Sep, 2020 19:49 It's not only assassin bug, the same thing happens with barbarian while using frenzy.
Do you know if there is a way to fix it? Or is my character permanently corrupted?

What exactly caused it? Is it the skill?? I was under the impression it was because of the weapon, Blade of Five Suns because it would always instakill me if i accidentally hit a LE mob with it.
cruduxcruo

Post by cruduxcruo »

My guess, loosing all gold happens when you too much clicking at the moment of death. Idk why. Especially at very high attack speed with frenzy(or fanaticism, they are same skills).
Weapons/armors with 'chance to cast' cause shit tons of lightning bolts when you melee, i just don't use them.
Jarring

Post by Jarring »

cruduxcruo wrote: 08 Sep, 2020 22:55 My guess, loosing all gold happens when you too much clicking at the moment of death. Idk why. Especially at very high attack speed with frenzy(or fanaticism, they are same skills).
Weapons/armors with 'chance to cast' cause shit tons of lightning bolts when you melee, i just don't use them.
"Chance on Struck" is the problem. Because you get hit with a million bolts from Lightning enchanted, you're gonna spam it.. which.. in turn causes a chain reaction spawning a BILLION bolts on your ass. I'm not kidding when I say INSTANT death.

Blade of Five Suns has to be the worst weapon in the game due to how it kills YOU. lol

that 5%.. idk it really doesn't seem like just 5%.. maybe because each one that spawns multiplies them further and further...but it all happens in milliseconds. It's fucking CRAZY lol

Just.. try it.. just for the lulz. that shit raises 30 Guardians in less than a second not even lying...and they will kill you.

BTW it ain't excessive clicking and i don't think it has anything to do with the skills either.

I just tested it while I was making infravision permanent(if you die with the infravision buff on it becomes permanent in the game), and I was just standing there not attacking not clicking anything or even moving, and i still got the bug... I had accidentally picked up like 100 gold, yet it still split up into a hundred piles of 1-5 gold each.
Jarring

Post by Jarring »

there are a lot of weird things about this game/mod that don't make sense..

Like.. Stoneskin the unique Cuirass.. it would be SO fucking good but it has one affix that makes it such trash...

I mean.. i still have to use it atm because I absolutely need the armor. but I HATE 2% Chance to Cast Stone Curse When Struck

It'd be fine if it was as simple as that.. I mean, I don't mind having to take a little bit longer to kill enemies that are stoned, but for some reason.. Lightning Enchanted monsters that get Stone Cursed get SUPER BUFFED when they get stone cursed it doesn't make fucking sense and it pisses me the fuck off.

Like.. normally I'm fine tanking the lightning enchant, but as soon as it gets cursed, if I'm not super quick about it and tele out, I'll get OWNED. I mean.. I've dumped like 10+ potions within seconds trying to stay alive after accidentally hitting the lightning enchanted monster that just randomly got stone cursed.

Like.. WHY!? Why does the lightning enchant hurt so much after they get stone cursed??

Why does this armor fucking SUCK because of an affix that's SUPPOSED to be helpful?

Also, I'm an assassin, so I have like -50 or so damage reduction(the stealth/dragon flight buffs), but that lightning enchanted while stone cursed STILL instagibs me. I mean.. I have to always make sure I keep that buff on while I'm fighting lightning enchanted anyways, but I shouldn't have to dance around stone cursed monsters because of a shitty item I'm forced to use.
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Well, the gold loot blowing up and scattering all over the place is the Gold Bug. It exists. Live with it. Eventually, gold doesn't hold as much value as early in the game. Once you save up 20+million gold, just blow it all on gambling. Repairs, potions and identifying items are really the only economy in the game.

Assassin get hit with a penalty when using shields. The Dragon Breath does help deliver some fire damage thought. Assassin in Belzebub has a lot of issues in regard to features and balance that could be improved in the ongoing possible improvements in Tchernobog. Maybe.

I really have not found the winning configuration for Assassin yet. Now at the Catecomb levels in Torment am equipped with Trang* Set, mostly for the fast attack and life leach. Resists are at 78% all, but she is still a glass cannon.

Some ideas that could address the Assassin class:
1. Add an improved bow skill. Maybe speed up crossbow class attack for Assassin only. Maybe a sniper skill with cooldown that deals high damage with explosive damage and poison stun. Add Crafted formulas for Assassin Crossbows.
2. Activate claw weapon class as well as off-hand claw weapon class. Penalize other classes for equipping claw weapons (speed).
3. Add a Crafting formula for off-hand Artifact class item that has unique chance effects (Cleave, Mortal Strike, cast spell). Have Artifact items not incur shield penalties for Assassin. Allow Artifact class items to drop with great rarity in non-magic, magic, rare, and unique properties. Create other Set Artifact items.
4. Change walking speed with type of armor. Light armors give faster movement, full plate will operate at current or slightly slower speed.
5. Crafted Assassin melee weapons could also add to AC as Warrior items do.
Jarring

Post by Jarring »

Ugily wrote: 09 Sep, 2020 6:05 Well, the gold loot blowing up and scattering all over the place is the Gold Bug. It exists. Live with it. Eventually, gold doesn't hold as much value as early in the game. Once you save up 20+million gold, just blow it all on gambling. Repairs, potions and identifying items are really the only economy in the game.

Assassin get hit with a penalty when using shields. The Dragon Breath does help deliver some fire damage thought. Assassin in Belzebub has a lot of issues in regard to features and balance that could be improved in the ongoing possible improvements in Tchernobog. Maybe.

I really have not found the winning configuration for Assassin yet. Now at the Catecomb levels in Torment am equipped with Trang* Set, mostly for the fast attack and life leach. Resists are at 78% all, but she is still a glass cannon.

Some ideas that could address the Assassin class:
1. Add an improved bow skill. Maybe speed up crossbow class attack for Assassin only. Maybe a sniper skill with cooldown that deals high damage with explosive damage and poison stun. Add Crafted formulas for Assassin Crossbows.
2. Activate claw weapon class as well as off-hand claw weapon class. Penalize other classes for equipping claw weapons (speed).
3. Add a Crafting formula for off-hand Artifact class item that has unique chance effects (Cleave, Mortal Strike, cast spell). Have Artifact items not incur shield penalties for Assassin. Allow Artifact class items to drop with great rarity in non-magic, magic, rare, and unique properties. Create other Set Artifact items.
4. Change walking speed with type of armor. Light armors give faster movement, full plate will operate at current or slightly slower speed.
5. Crafted Assassin melee weapons could also add to AC as Warrior items do.
What kind of penalty? Like, a damage penalty or is it just kind of a slow block rate in comparison to the warrior?
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

Assassins get a damage penalty when a shield is equipped.
Jarring

Post by Jarring »

Ugily wrote: 11 Sep, 2020 18:23 Assassins get a damage penalty when a shield is equipped.
yeah i figured it out.. really weird penalty.. so. are assassins just supposed to use 1 handers and nothing in the off-hand? or what? i mean, i guess at 50 she can use viz'jaq but what about until then?

BTW I'm almost certain that the gold bug is a direct result of chance on struck items. I was just hitting a poison enchanted unique monster with the Holy Defender equipped(which has a chance to cast immolation on struck), and i got stuck in a loop where I cast immolation like a hundred times in a row and dropped all of my gold in the process. I survived the entire ordeal as well by using a bunch of potions, then finished off the monster before I picked up all the gold I had dropped.

I'm guessing what happens is that you get sent into a death loop with the chance on struck items.

TBH I would prefer it if all the items with chance on struck were just removed for the reason of these weird loops that happen.. It would be fine if Poison/lightning enchanted worked differently so that you only get hit once...but the fact that you get hit multiple times causes it to stack up and create these weird loops. The Blade of Five Suns is also a major problem because hydra just makes it that much worse. As I said before, I think there's also a bug with Stoneskin.. I'm not sure why it does it, but when lightning/poison enchanted enemies are stone cursed, their enchants are amplified beyond reason, making the item Stoneskin virtually worthless.

I've also noticed that defense isn't nearly as important as the type of armor you have equipped. Like, if you have 3 different sets of armor all with the same exact defense stat; one 100 defense leather armor, one 100 defense mail armor, and one 100 defense plate armor...The leather armor will give you significantly less physical resistance than the plate armor despite having the exact same defensive stat.

There seems to be a cap on the amount of physical resistance you can attain from armors that change the way your character looks. Wish I had known about this before-hand, otherwise I would have been looking more closely at rare armors.

It also kind of screws with the way exceptional armors work. For instance: Battlemaster's Coat defense value virtually worthless because it is a leather armor. I actually get more physical resistance from GOLDSKIN despite it having almost 200 less defense. It doesn't make any sense... I was actually looking forward to using Dragonslayer's Cage, but knowing that it's leather armor, it can't be any good for a melee character.