Dinged 50 = gimped LT runs...

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Herbdoctor

Re: Dinged 50 = gimped LT runs...

Post by Herbdoctor »

CONFIRMING RESULTS:
LEVEL 46 SORC with 344% MF
500 runs:
a TON of top tier. 2 heartseekers and many other top tiers for different classes (not sure what i am going to do with them yet, but i ma keeping them in my stash.)

Long story short?
Level 46 is 10000% the SWEET spot.
these results are only with CHEST runs!
MF DOES matter. Just how Gold find% increases gold amount dropped from these chests.
D1sfigur3d

Post by D1sfigur3d »

What u got? Would be nice if u give a list of top items found
Herbdoctor

Post by Herbdoctor »

yep. i am just so excited to finally be able to get new heartseeker's again. i will make a list for sure. will do 500 runs.
D1sfigur3d

Post by D1sfigur3d »

Herbdoctor wrote: 23 Aug, 2020 17:06 CONFIRMING RESULTS:
LEVEL 46 SORC with 344% MF
500 runs:
a TON of top tier. 2 heartseekers and many other top tiers for different classes (not sure what i am going to do with them yet, but i ma keeping them in my stash.)

Long story short?
Level 46 is 10000% the SWEET spot.
these results are only with CHEST runs!
MF DOES matter. Just how Gold find% increases gold amount dropped from these chests.
Just farmed torment chests with my lvl48 sorc for about 1,5 hour, 340 MF (though many quote BrightLord and claim here that chests are not affected by MF). Top items i found were limited with req lvl 41, nothing of higher lvl ever dropped.
Would be nice to see a list of the best items u found.
D1sfigur3d

Post by D1sfigur3d »

Herbdoctor wrote: 23 Aug, 2020 21:36 yep. i am just so excited to finally be able to get new heartseeker's again. i will make a list for sure. will do 500 runs.
Herbdoctor, how things are going?)
Herbdoctor

Post by Herbdoctor »

D1sfigur3d wrote: 25 Aug, 2020 21:51
Herbdoctor wrote: 23 Aug, 2020 21:36 yep. i am just so excited to finally be able to get new heartseeker's again. i will make a list for sure. will do 500 runs.
well, highest qlvl i got was 58.

Glory
wizard spike
vortex
got some m'vana set
tal rasha belt

i also do remember when i was lvl 47 doing chest runs (and leveling up) i gound belial crown.. ut i salvaged it because at first glance it looked like trash haha. (whoops)

overall.. i ended up doing more runs on my 51 sorc. i actually got the same amount of gear. So.. it was all in my imagination about not getting loot anymore... probably out of frustration,.
D1sfigur3d

Post by D1sfigur3d »

Herbdoctor wrote: 26 Aug, 2020 2:53
D1sfigur3d wrote: 25 Aug, 2020 21:51
well, highest qlvl i got was 58.

Glory
wizard spike
vortex
got some m'vana set
tal rasha belt
This does not look like a “TON of top tier” though🤔
Herbdoctor

Post by Herbdoctor »

well, to me, it is "top tier" at the time of writing this haha. I just had the oculus drop as well.

I don't think the top top top top items drop here, qlvl 75 and all that.

but good drops certainly do.
Herbdoctor

Post by Herbdoctor »

also, i found my harbringer and fanatic recipes from the chests.
D1sfigur3d

Post by D1sfigur3d »

Herbdoctor wrote: 26 Aug, 2020 16:32 also, i found my harbringer and fanatic recipes from the chests.
That’s even more important, I’m lacking fanatics ring and amu recipes badly 😬
Herbdoctor

Post by Herbdoctor »

D1sfigur3d wrote: 26 Aug, 2020 18:50
Herbdoctor wrote: 26 Aug, 2020 16:32 also, i found my harbringer and fanatic recipes from the chests.
That’s even more important, I’m lacking fanatics ring and amu recipes badly 😬
i found those from doing the chests somewhere between levels 45-51.
cruduxcruo

Post by cruduxcruo »

So, i got some 75-77qlvl stuff from mages (like Seraph's Asylum, Highlord's wrath, Cranium Basher, Fist of Heavens, Symbol of Power).
Pretty sure they can drop all items.
D1sfigur3d

Post by D1sfigur3d »

cruduxcruo wrote: 02 Sep, 2020 20:01 So, i got some 75-77qlvl stuff from mages (like Seraph's Asylum, Highlord's wrath, Cranium Basher, Fist of Heavens, Symbol of Power).
Pretty sure they can drop all items.
Wow, nice, highlords wrath alone is a nice find. BTW whats ur MF and clvl?
cruduxcruo

Post by cruduxcruo »

D1sfigur3d wrote: 02 Sep, 2020 22:54 Wow, nice, highlords wrath alone is a nice find. BTW whats ur MF and clvl?
50-170mf(~140 most of the time), my rogue 58lvl.
Jarring

Post by Jarring »

i think it's just a dry season. You can play for 50+ hours straight without getting a single decent item, then take a break, come back, and get 10+ godly items in the first 2 hours.

just how rng works... especially with insanely random odds such as Diablo..

Same reason it takes people literally a lifetime to complete a Holy Grail project.

There are tons of tinfoil hat theories surrounding magic find, but all it really comes down to is consistency.

Regardless of whether or not you play 10+ hours a day etc. and get nothing, consistently playing and rolling the dice is the only way you'll ever get the gear.

Playing it off and on is suboptimal.

It works the same in every diablo clone as far as i know, it shouldn't be any different here.

Best drop I've ever found was a Mirror of Kalandra in Path of Exile in its 4th or 5th season. It was the first 1 month league iirc on hardcore mode..

Back when I still played D2 consistently, I'd have at least 10-40 HRs on a mule at all times.. just from playing the game. shit drops. just gotta play. put in the hours.

I wouldn't recommend making a new sorc with a tinfoil hat theory tbh. sounds like a huge waste of time, but that's just me.

Oh, and just for the record.. the chests have never given me anything. literally nothing. I get maybe 1 shitty set item every 5 runs something like that. I prefer to clear it on the way there.. those packs are nice and dense; safe and easy to access. I get much better drops from them + the unique sorc mobs at the end.Chests have never given me anything.
I found my Hearthseeker on the second floor of the cathedral in Torment just running through the game as a sorc. I quit trying to progress when I got to the catacombs where literally everything is immune to everything but physical damage. I might go back and play the sorc when I've got more gear for him. TBH I could probably do it now, but I'm not satisfied. I still haven't found an SoJ yet.. lots of gears I'd like. Did find an arachnid and a REALLY good chromatic ire along with some other cool stuff. Not a whole lot yet, but I haven't been playing for very long either. I'm guessing if you can't get enough spellpower +skills for meteor cluster and apocalypse...to get the phys dmg as high as possible...gonna be uber slow no matter how much neg res u get...seems like on a lot of monsters neg resists doesn't do anything anymore no matter how much u get. probably lots of stuff gets overcapped. why im thinking it might just be more efficient to mass spellpower and +skills to buff the phys dmg rather than try to guess at neg resists. Even if there was a page that showed me which mobs were overcapped, I'd still find it troublesome to accomplish. I wouldn't want to grind him. I'd might try to complete torment just for the fuck of it, but I'd never go back. At most I'd just do Hell at higher players. Probably best way to level the sorc now that I think of it. screw torment. I mean, cathedral is fine i guess, but it's still a pain. Hell Diablo is a hundred times easier than just the first few floors of torment. Shit, one time I got hit with the Black Death debuff, which seemed to be bugged on the sorc. Some zombie with lightning enchanted was hitting me with it cross map. Just brush up next to even ONE of those lightning charges, and I Got hit with it, and the very next one? Instant death. Mana shield had no effect, just went right through it. SUCH a pain in the ass. I go back to town, and switch a piece of gear, and a die INSIDE town cuz of that damn debuff. Apparently I wasn't allowed to remove any HP/vit items with that debuff. Was kind of funny though. Been a long time since I've died inside the town.