scrolls of infravision for blind teleporting

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
Jarring

scrolls of infravision for blind teleporting

Post by Jarring »

Am I the only one that farms scrolls of infravision from Adria? I love having it on every character doesn't even matter it's so nice to be able to see the monsters at a long range and even see where they are behind walls. you always know exactly what kind of situation you'll teleport into.
it's a huge cure to a very dark game.

I notice a lot of people don't use them in what videos I've watched.. They'll be fully stocked on rejuvenation potions and massed quantities of every elixir it seems.. but they still walk around blind with no scrolls of infravision.. tbh I'd take infravision any day over a full set of elixirs.

They are somewhat rare though, which is a pain.. seems like adria has at least one maybe once every third visit or so.. sometimes she has 2 or even 3 which is always nice. love her for the scrolls...well scroll. only useful scroll in the entire game is infravision, idk why people are sleeping on it. i'll take that walk to adria all day for them.
Jarring

Re: scrolls of infravision for blind teleporting

Post by Jarring »

It seems I ran into a bug just now.. I'm not complaining because it worked out pretty well for me and saved a lot of my time..

I'm not sure exactly what triggered it but I might have an idea..
As you may know by now, I always have Infravision on for quality of life...but normally I have to consume a scroll every 10 minutes for it..
There is a shrine located in catacombs that gives you the Infravision buff for free, and I'm thinking what happened is that I activated the shrine while I already had Infravision...and in turn it became permanent.
Like, it doesn't show up on my buffs at the top right corner of the screen.. but I always have it regardless.. Doesn't matter if I die or what, it's lasted the entire game.. well.. I haven't left this game yet, I'm sure it will disappear once I start a new game.

But I'm going to try testing it again to see if it can be repeated and exploited.. not like it's a major gamebreaking bug, but it might save me some time in visits to adria/consuming scrolls constantly if I'm going to be in the game for awhile.

Pretty sure there's always an infravision shrine located in the catacombs. I've always remembered first getting it there before Adria starts selling the scrolls.
I'll be updating with results eventually I guess..

I mean I doubt anyone cares, but whatever. I love infravision and I thought it was cool.
Juggernought

Post by Juggernought »

Er.. you know, there is "search" field and button on this forum... in the upper right corner... and you can try to search, kinda, "infravision bug"... or "alchemist box"...
Jarring

Post by Jarring »

Juggernought wrote: 07 Aug, 2020 21:39 Er.. you know, there is "search" field and button on this forum... in the upper right corner... and you can try to search, kinda, "infravision bug"... or "alchemist box"...
i just did a quick search and someone says if you die with infravision/shrine it stays on till you exit the game, and that's not entirely true.. it seems like sometimes it may stick around for the map depending on if it's just a shrine or a scroll..

But from my tests so far, it seems like the way to get it to stay for the entire game, you need to use a scroll right before using the shrine, then it will stay on forever for every floor without having to refresh..

I'm not sure about dying, but I don't think it's necessary. I tried a few different ways, and I've died a bunch with both the scroll on and the shrine.. and sometimes it will stick around for the floor.. and other times it won't stick around for the floor at all..

The only way I've gotten it to last on all floors without ever having to refresh, is to click on the shrine.. ie: murky pool while you already have a scroll of infravision toggled, and it will then last forever... I'm not POSITIVE if you have to die or not, but I don't think that's the case...I don't remember dying the last time I tested it.

Thanks for the heads up anyways.

EDIT: yeah nevermind.. tested it and all you have to do is die lmao. one infravision scroll per game just die after use and its permanent. good to know.. was doing some roundabout way of doing it cuz i swear i thought my infravision was dropping on later difficulties when i died. but i guess i was remembering wrong or something idk