A Complete Necromancer Guide (Lvl 46 cleared Torment)

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
TwoGriffins

Post by TwoGriffins »

Overview:
  • Necromancer is surely the most mouse-click-friendly character. Personally I even feel Necro is easier to use than Rogue, as long as you play him correctly. Necro was my favorite character in Diablo 2, and this HD mod did a great job migrating him while keeping all his essential features.
  • The core of necromancer is his blood magics, which means spells that consume HP instead of MP. Hence the necro needs to add points mostly in VIT, a proper amount of points to MAG, and a few to STR just to meet item requirements. In the end, the Necro will have more than 200 points in VIT before items.
  • Other than raise zombie, the rest of Necro’s abilities are all super useful. Raise skeleton is the main summoning spell and skeletons benefit from VIT points. That’s also why we need VIT. Corpse explosion needs no further intro as long as you play Diablo 2. Revive skill not only copies monster abilities, it even add additional damage and hit chance. And finally Blood ritual is the ultimate ability that gets the necro rid of mana potions, while adding max HP and lowering blood magic consumption to its half.
Necromancer: only needs healing potions with blood ritual ability.

Normal difficulty
1. Add points mostly in VIT. Add a certain amount in MAG to learn lightning and raise it to level 8 and above. Lightning is mostly useful in early game to one-shot most monsters. A few points in STR just to meet requirements.
2. There’re 5 quests you should complete. Basically quests that award you with attribute points.
a) The infestation of worms. Need to reach level 5. Get +5 points once complete
b) Black mushroom. Need to reach level 9. Get +3 points to all attributes
c) The anvil of fury. Need to reach level 10. Crafting prerequisite
d) The island of sunless sea. Need to reach level 12. Step on stones in the order of South, North, East, West to open the secret tunnel. Get +5 points
e) Lost treasure. Need to reach level 13. Get +3 points to all attributes
3. DO NOT complete “Chamber of bone” at level 6 and “Horazon’s sanctum” at level 8 for now. Those are quests that levels up your Guardian and Golem spell respectively. Learn the spells through books and come back for those quests in later stages.
4. Skeletons are relatively weak in front of Diablo. The main damage is still lightning. Skeletons serve as target distractions mostly.
5. Thanks to items farmed by my previous Sorcerer, I cleared normal at level 26

Nightmare difficulty
1. The skeletons are stronger than in normal difficulty, so you gradually start to reply on them for dealing damage. Of course, casting chain lightging/meteor cluster/apocalypse from behind also helps a lot
2. Seek items that add all four attributes, since the Necro’s physical attack also affect skeleton’s damage. Before blood ritual (level 32 ability), MAG limits MP and spell levels.
3. Teleport is a must. Necro has a special “teleport attack”, I will talk about this later.
4. Killing Diablo isn’t too hard. Skeletons should be strong enough to withstand several rounds of attack, and deal damage to Diablo.
5. Cleared nightmare at level 32

Hell difficulty
1. Position is crucial when there are more enemies than skeletons. When your skeletons chase a certain enemy and expose you to other enemies’ attack, use teleport spell to re-position your group.
2. “Teleport attack": additionally, when teleporting, your skeletons won’t disassemble immediately. If it happens that you teleport right next to a monster, the ENTIRE skeleton group will deal damage to it simultaneously, cause A TON of damage. Useful when hunting down evasive enemy shooters
3. Similar to a Sorc, seek for items that reduces target resistances. Although the main damage is dealt by minions, magic attack still helps
4. Raise skeletons doesn’t need corpses, but the spell has a 1 second cool-down. Revive, on the other hand, need corpses but has ZERO cool-down! Use revive when it’s necessary to summon minions quickly
5. As for Diablo, use items that reduces target magic resistances and spam bone spirit. Use minions to surround Diablo to keep it from getting close. If Diablo opens red portal to call monster, it’s not bad news since it will provide you with ample corpses.
6. Cleared hell difficulty at level 40

Torment difficulty
1. Similar strategy as hell difficulty
2. Go to normal difficulty and find an Eerie Shrine (temporally increase MAG), stack items that add MAG, and drink elixir of magic. This way I boosted my MAG to >410, so I learned Golem to level 10, Guardian to level 11 right before I go back to finish respective quests in previous difficulties. My apocalypse spell was at level 6.
3. By finishing Chamber of bone and Horazon sanctum four times in a row, I was able to raise Golem to level 14, Guardian to level 15
4. In the Terror Domain, the first mini-boss was killed by revives of his own summoned minions. The second mini-boss, destroyer, was surrounded by skeletons and put to death by lots of guardians. The third mini-boss was easily killed by my skeleton troop.
5. Finally facing Torment diablo, a combination of minion surrounding + reduces target magic resist + bone spirit did the job. Use guardian as the final blow.
6. Cleared torment at level 46!

Stat
Despite a low AC, I was able to get all attributes high, which makes my skeletons strong. My skeletons has a max health of 3840, with elixirs it increases to > 4000, comparable to a Golem but only cost a few HP to summon.

Items
Weapon 1 is the Celestial Axe that reduces target magic resistance by 19%. Used during most part of the Diablo fight
Weapon 2 is a sword and shield. I chose Blade of Five Suns. This one is a top-notch since it’s reducing target fire resistance by 30%! (the highest possible limit on this item).
For shield, I use Dragon’s Breach. Reducing target fire resistance -15% is the best it can get. So this combination of blade and shield will bring together a total 45% reduction in target fire resistance! Casting fire magic (meteor cluster, apocalypse) works like a charm!
On the other hand, the reason why Sorcerer can’t choose this combination is due to his poor STR. The blade itself requires STR of 187. Hence the benefit of items adding all attributes manifest themselves on my Necro. Specifically, my armor, rings, and amulet each add me 20 points to all attributes. In total it’s more than 320 attribute points added!
My ring, for example
As for belt and helmet, they aren’t too much special apart from a rare item. I crafted my belt myself using summoner’s belt recipe.

Finally a screenshot for Necro’s torment clearance
dooley854

Re: A Complete Necromancer Guide (Lvl 46 cleared Torment)

Post by dooley854 »

TwoGriffins wrote: 02 May, 2020 7:41 A Complete Necromancer Guide (Lvl 46 cleared Torment)

Overview:
  • Necromancer is surely the most mouse-click-friendly character. Personally I even feel Necro is easier to use than Rogue, as long as you play him correctly. Necro was my favorite character in Diablo 2, and this HD mod did a great job migrating him while keeping all his essential features.
  • The core of necromancer is his blood magics, which means spells that consume HP instead of MP. Hence the necro needs to add points mostly in VIT, a proper amount of points to MAG, and a few to STR just to meet item requirements. In the end, the Necro will have more than 200 points in VIT before items.
  • Other than raise zombie, the rest of Necro’s abilities are all super useful. Raise skeleton is the main summoning spell and skeletons benefit from VIT points. That’s also why we need VIT. Corpse explosion needs no further intro as long as you play Diablo 2. Revive skill not only copies monster abilities, basketball stars unblocked is the perfect way to get your daily dose of basketball action. With its easy-to-learn controls and addictive gameplay, you'll be sinking three-pointers in no time! it even add additional damage and hit chance. And finally Blood ritual is the ultimate ability that gets the necro rid of mana potions, while adding max HP and lowering blood magic consumption to its half.
Necromancer: only needs healing potions with blood ritual ability.

Normal difficulty
1. Add points mostly in VIT. Add a certain amount in MAG to learn lightning and raise it to level 8 and above. Lightning is mostly useful in early game to one-shot most monsters. A few points in STR just to meet requirements.
2. There’re 5 quests you should complete. Basically quests that award you with attribute points.
a) The infestation of worms. Need to reach level 5. Get +5 points once complete
b) Black mushroom. Need to reach level 9. Get +3 points to all attributes
c) The anvil of fury. Need to reach level 10. Crafting prerequisite
d) The island of sunless sea. Need to reach level 12. Step on stones in the order of South, North, East, West to open the secret tunnel. Get +5 points
e) Lost treasure. Need to reach level 13. Get +3 points to all attributes
3. DO NOT complete “Chamber of bone” at level 6 and “Horazon’s sanctum” at level 8 for now. Those are quests that levels up your Guardian and Golem spell respectively. Learn the spells through books and come back for those quests in later stages.
4. Skeletons are relatively weak in front of Diablo. The main damage is still lightning. Skeletons serve as target distractions mostly.
5. Thanks to items farmed by my previous Sorcerer, I cleared normal at level 26

Nightmare difficulty
1. The skeletons are stronger than in normal difficulty, so you gradually start to reply on them for dealing damage. Of course, casting chain lightging/meteor cluster/apocalypse from behind also helps a lot
2. Seek items that add all four attributes, since the Necro’s physical attack also affect skeleton’s damage. Before blood ritual (level 32 ability), MAG limits MP and spell levels.
3. Teleport is a must. Necro has a special “teleport attack”, I will talk about this later.
4. Killing Diablo isn’t too hard. Skeletons should be strong enough to withstand several rounds of attack, and deal damage to Diablo.
5. Cleared nightmare at level 32

Hell difficulty
1. Position is crucial when there are more enemies than skeletons. When your skeletons chase a certain enemy and expose you to other enemies’ attack, use teleport spell to re-position your group.
2. “Teleport attack": additionally, when teleporting, your skeletons won’t disassemble immediately. If it happens that you teleport right next to a monster, the ENTIRE skeleton group will deal damage to it simultaneously, cause A TON of damage. Useful when hunting down evasive enemy shooters
3. Similar to a Sorc, seek for items that reduces target resistances. Although the main damage is dealt by minions, magic attack still helps
4. Raise skeletons doesn’t need corpses, but the spell has a 1 second cool-down. Revive, on the other hand, need corpses but has ZERO cool-down! Use revive when it’s necessary to summon minions quickly
5. As for Diablo, use items that reduces target magic resistances and spam bone spirit. Use minions to surround Diablo to keep it from getting close. If Diablo opens red portal to call monster, it’s not bad news since it will provide you with ample corpses.
6. Cleared hell difficulty at level 40

Torment difficulty
1. Similar strategy as hell difficulty
2. Go to normal difficulty and find an Eerie Shrine (temporally increase MAG), stack items that add MAG, and drink elixir of magic. This way I boosted my MAG to >410, so I learned Golem to level 10, Guardian to level 11 right before I go back to finish respective quests in previous difficulties. My apocalypse spell was at level 6.
3. By finishing Chamber of bone and Horazon sanctum four times in a row, I was able to raise Golem to level 14, Guardian to level 15
4. In the Terror Domain, the first mini-boss was killed by revives of his own summoned minions. The second mini-boss, destroyer, was surrounded by skeletons and put to death by lots of guardians. The third mini-boss was easily killed by my skeleton troop.
5. Finally facing Torment diablo, a combination of minion surrounding + reduces target magic resist + bone spirit did the job. Use guardian as the final blow.
6. Cleared torment at level 46!

Stat
Despite a low AC, I was able to get all attributes high, which makes my skeletons strong. My skeletons has a max health of 3840, with elixirs it increases to > 4000, comparable to a Golem but only cost a few HP to summon.

Items
Weapon 1 is the Celestial Axe that reduces target magic resistance by 19%. Used during most part of the Diablo fight
Weapon 2 is a sword and shield. I chose Blade of Five Suns. This one is a top-notch since it’s reducing target fire resistance by 30%! (the highest possible limit on this item).
For shield, I use Dragon’s Breach. Reducing target fire resistance -15% is the best it can get. So this combination of blade and shield will bring together a total 45% reduction in target fire resistance! Casting fire magic (meteor cluster, apocalypse) works like a charm!
On the other hand, the reason why Sorcerer can’t choose this combination is due to his poor STR. The blade itself requires STR of 187. Hence the benefit of items adding all attributes manifest themselves on my Necro. Specifically, my armor, rings, and amulet each add me 20 points to all attributes. In total it’s more than 320 attribute points added!
My ring, for example
As for belt and helmet, they aren’t too much special apart from a rare item. I crafted my belt myself using summoner’s belt recipe.

Finally a screenshot for Necro’s torment clearance
I totally agree with you about Necro's abilities.