help - can't harvest the black mushroom

Diablo 1 HD, codename Belzebub - General forum.
namelessct

help - can't harvest the black mushroom

Post by namelessct »

sorry for my bad eng.

with my lv 40 sor in hell difficult, I found fungal tome and gave it to adria the witch.
and, as you guys know, she give me "black mushroom" quest.

and then, found a black mushroom field and harvested it.

but before bring it to witch, I stored my stash (private, not public) and turn off my com.

next day, I create a new game, and can't find the mushroom.
so go to cave again and found the field. but it does not respond.
my charactor just say "I cant use this yet"

so.... I found the fungal tome again and picked it but he says "I already have this one"

and... touched "slain hero" but the corpse never respond
- no item is dropped even golds.

after that gameplay, now the corpse just drops golds.
I never saw "rare weapon" which is dropped by first touch.

so my quest is crashed I think.
this error is first time to me. the quest in nor/nightmare did not make this error.

how can I solve it?
Ugily

Post by Ugily »

There are bugs in Belzebub and it is likely that these will always be present since there is no further development planned on that phase of Diablo 1 HD Mod. Tchernobog was the next step and there is still a bit of development there, but it may not go very far. Qndel has taken over Tchernobog, but to me it seems like there will be a move to shift the Belzebub/Tchnerbog assets over to DevolutionX engine.

Awake world, let me know if I am incorrect here.

For your quest bug issue, I would start my going to see the witch and the healer again. If then, try to find the tome and the mushroom and see the witch and healer again. If that doesn't work, them move on. You could save all of your character's loot to the stash chear, delete the character, and start over fresh. You would be able to level up quicker with premium gear and get back to where you left off.
SkyrosX2

Post by SkyrosX2 »

Never stop to play with a quest half-completed. Always play in "stages", finish what you are doing and then quit.
Also, always keep back up copies of your save files.
andrewallister

Re: help - can't harvest the black mushroom

Post by andrewallister »

You can try resetting the quest by joining another player's game who hasn't completed that quest yet. Then, complete the quest in their game and return to your own.
monopoly online
qndel
Global Mod

Re: help - can't harvest the black mushroom

Post by qndel »

andrewallister wrote: 27 Oct, 2023 8:50 You can try resetting the quest by joining another player's game who hasn't completed that quest yet. Then, complete the quest in their game and return to your own.
monopoly online
Good job resurrecting a thread that has been dead for 3+ years for no reason. He's playing belzebub, which has no multiplayer, so nice advice, let him join people ...